• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and this... right here is the reason I don't want to be inside IR35. It's bad enough worrying about agencies and clients going titsup. I don't want to have to worry about the umbrella who are there for no discernable reason at all.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I'm guessing another ransomware attack.
      Everything points that way - although they appear to be even less prepared than Giant was...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Later news

Parasol have posted messages explaining the problem on LinkedIn and Chris Bryce of the FCSA has thanked them for their prompt action.

Um we know about it 24 hours earlier Chris so I wouldn't exactly call it prompt.

Oh and Parasol have their own custom written payroll software (it has to be for reasons....) so I can see how they have problems.

The FCSA really will need to have a computer security check within their appraisals because the larger umbrellas are an incredibly easy and very tempting target.
        Last edited by eek; 12 January 2022, 21:15.

Comment

Nixon Williams and linked groups were giving off the death rattle for much of 2021 and before... might want to move.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

The current myparasol portal is now using an unsecured certificate "ba-rebates.elcap-dev.co.uk" (based on Apache/Centos)

The IP address is now showing as

Name: myparasol.co.uk
            Address: 80.66.200.175

Continent Europe (EU)
            Coordinates 51.4964 (lat) / -0.1224 (long)
            Time 2022-01-13 07:13:07 (Europe/London)
            NETWORK IP address 80.66.200.175
            Hostname 80.66.200.175.srvlist. ukfast.net
            Provider Ukfast.net Limited
            ASN 61323

The day before it was Address: 51.11.173.62

Region England (ENG)
            Postal code EC4N
            Country United Kingdom (GB)
            ContinentEurope (EU)
            Coordinates 51.5095 (lat) / -0.0955 (long)
            Time 2022-01-13 07:09:50 (Europe/London)
            NETWORK
            IP address 51.11.173.62
            Hostname51.11.173.62
            Provider MICROSOFT-CORP-MSN-AS-BLOCK
            ASN 8075

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
              and this... right here is the reason I don't want to be inside IR35. It's bad enough worrying about agencies and clients going titsup. I don't want to have to worry about the umbrella who are there for no discernable reason at all.
              Absolutely. It feels like the EBT days again with these umbrellas touting their benefits. Most companies are blanketing inside decisions too.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles11 View Post

Absolutely. It feels like the EBT days again with these umbrellas touting their benefits. Most companies are blanketing inside decisions too.
                I really wish umbrellas wouldn't use half the terms they do. If you salary sacrifice into your pension the difference in pay between each umbrella will be the difference in margin. It won't be more than £25 difference in take home pay between any of them once HMRC takes their cut.

Parasol usually end up with a higher figure than others if you use their workplace pension but there are "reasons" for that (not illegal, nor dodgy, more dubious)...

Comment

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/clark...38566912--WNz/
                  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

I just signed up with Parasol last week and my "account manager" hasn't even been able to login to docusign to approve the contract from the agency.

What Umbrella would you fine folks recommend me moving to instead?

Comment

Parasol are gone ! There is no way that a tech issue of a cyber attack takes a week to resolve.

RIP Parasol.

Cut your losses boys and girls !

Comment

Working...
                      X