• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by eek View Post

    What exactly can the FCSA actually do?
    Well, in the case of the Giant debacle, the FCSA are the ones who outed the firm as suffering a ransomware attack when Giant were publicly denying it.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by KUWTC View Post

      Well, in the case of the Giant debacle, the FCSA are the ones who outed the firm as suffering a ransomware attack when Giant were publicly denying it.
      Why do you think the FCSA has a new CEO - one who is a bit more careful when it comes to talking to the press.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

      Comment


        #33
        Problem is, that there are no alternatives. Who is to say another Umbrella company isn't equally as vulnerable to this sort of attack.

        People are going to find it difficult to move as they are not going to get their P45's, having to go on an emergency tax code and so on. Just a big mess created by government for contractors who really don't want to work in this way.

        I can imagine the issue was similar when Covid first struck. Great when it's all good, but no interest in investing in the business and very poor when things inevitably go wrong.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by pacontracting View Post
          Problem is, that there are no alternatives. Who is to say another Umbrella company isn't equally as vulnerable to this sort of attack.

          People are going to find it difficult to move as they are not going to get their P45's, having to go on an emergency tax code and so on. Just a big mess created by government for contractors who really don't want to work in this way.

          I can imagine the issue was similar when Covid first struck. Great when it's all good, but no interest in investing in the business and very poor when things inevitably go wrong.
          Exactly this!

          Comment


            #35
            Brookson hit also today

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by eek View Post

              Why do you think the FCSA has a new CEO - one who is a bit more careful when it comes to talking to the press.
              They'll just have to put up with the rumours then, won't they?

              To all Parasol contractors - start looking for a new Umbrella, folks...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                Brookson hit also today
                Ouch!

                Circle the wagons!!!



                (Note to Admin: we really need a 'headless chicken' emoji.)
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                  Brookson hit also today
                  At least Fahey has got his message out fairly quickly on LI & Twitter...
                  https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...8384323780609/
                  {emotionless greeting}

                  Three Word Slogan

                  Comment


                    #39
                    SJD down as well atm. Also part of the same group.

                    https://sjdaccountancy.com/portal-maintenance/
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Is it just me ? But I’m not convinced that this is just a Systems “issue” - is anyone aware of the current financial state of Parasol ?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X