• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Reviews/Recomendadtions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Reviews/Recomendadtions

Evening all

I have been given a week to choose an umbrella by clientco... Ive still not decided if Im staying or not but thought I'd put some feelers out for reviews of the three umbrella options I have been given :

1. Paystream
    2. Orange Genie
    3. Trafalgar

I spoke to paystream in the past and they seem like the bigger of the three companies but Im not sure I likes them, the conversation was
    1. Whats your email
    2. Whats your rate
    3. Check your email Ive sent you a quote, bye.

Orange Genie seemed ok when I spoke to them, professional friendly took a bit of time to run me through the whole thing.

Trafalgar seemed like the smaller of the three when I spoke to them but were very good answered all of my questions and were friendly.

So I think it will be down to Trafalgar or orange genie... Does anyone have any recommendations out of these? Have I been too quick to write off paystream?

Thanks

Which one has a pension option that suits you best? You want on that allows you to pay in to your own pension pot. The rest is pretty irrelevant. Paystream and Orange are big boys in their field so pretty safe hands and never heard of Trafalgar.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've used Paystream for a little over a year. Allowed to contribute to my SIPP before tax saving. Only issue I have had was reminding them to give me the VAT reclaim on allowable expenses e.g. Hotels when client sends me somewhere. Usually only took a phone call and it turned up in the next pay run.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        never heard of Trafalgar.
        Owned by Danbro.

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
          Only issue I have had was reminding them to give me the VAT reclaim on allowable expenses e.g. Hotels when client sends me somewhere. Usually only took a phone call and it turned up in the next pay run.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Not sure I get this one - did the client reimburse you or something?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

All sounds very odd to me - VAT has nothing to do with an employee

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
              All sounds very odd to me - VAT has nothing to do with an employee
              I suspect the umbrella read the wrong figure and didn't get it..

Probably because the very first thing you tell someone working at an umbrella and looking at an invoice to work out what figure goes into the gross income figure is "always, always, always ignore VAT"
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Liquid Friday

Any one here worked with Liquid Friday...

They gave me a reduced margin offer.

Comment

Originally posted by willss3608 View Post
                  Any one here worked with Liquid Friday...

They gave me a reduced margin offer.
                  This isn't the thread to post that question on - start a new one.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    This isn't the thread to post that question on - start a new one.
                    The title of the thread says "Umbrella Reviews/Recomendadtions", So sounds like the perfect thread for the poster's question

Comment

Working...
                    X