• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is everyone going to do assuming HMR&C and Osborne get their way?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    The fact all we now have is an entrepreneurial economy would suggest keeping it is a good idea, but it seems Osborne's only wish is to bankrupt the UK as fast as possible so my statement is invalid.
    I think he's looking forward to leaving a note to the next Labour chancellor "This is how you REALLY AND PROPERLY screw up an economy and a country, you amateurs."

Comment

What pains me most is folk running around calling him a genius.

The amount of pain and grief caused in his utterly futile attempt to remove the deficit is astonishing.
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        ...turnover is double that...

Move with the times and stay up to date, and there is plenty of money to be made.
        Good work! I take it you rake in around 100ph? You want to give us a hint about where we can get that sort of cash too

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
          Good work! I take it you rake in around 100ph? You want to give us a hint about where we can get that sort of cash too
          If you take off VAT and Client Co is paying expenses then it's probably 500-600 a day.

Comment

What pains me most is folk running around calling him a genius.

The amount of pain and grief caused in his utterly futile attempt to remove the deficit is astonishing.
            Yep - well that and why he's so obsessed with his debt target. Why it can't be a year or two later I've no idea.

So we owe more for a few years longer, why does that matter?

Comment

If you are doing back fill BAU codibgwork then you probably won't. If you have something the client hasn't got and you are skilled at it then there are plenty of £600+ gigs available.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                If you take off VAT and Client Co is paying expenses then it's probably 500-600 a day.
                Multiple clients and a good day rate.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

So you include VAT in your turnover figure? Nice.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

So you include VAT in your turnover figure? Nice.
                    Only the residual after accounting for FRS.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I used to do the budget for a regulatory project for a LLoyd's of London insurer in the city. We were a team of 6, our boss earned £2,700 a day, plus expenses.

Comment

Working...
                      X