• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big monitors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Right, after much thunking I think I am going to go for the Achieva Shimian from South Korea, 2 of giving a total dual monitor size of 5120 * 1440 and 1.3 meters wide.

Eyefinity with a set of stands as the ones provided are meant to be a pile of mince.

From what I know these are the same screens that appear in the Apple 27 inch screens which fail product quality by the smallest margin so most of the sellers say their might be up to 3 dead pixels, some 5, some none. Most of the reviews I have read seem to be fairly positive.

Achieva Shimian QH2700-IPSMS Lite Edge 27" 2560x1440 AH-IPS DVI-D LED PC Monitor | eBay

Still not to sure about gloss screen.
    Good man. That's something I would go for as well. Totally worth the price, instead of paying a huge price for an equivalent Samsung or Dell.
    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Feckin' massive.

Keep losing the mouse as well. Ill have to get something to help that.

Can't see any dead pixels on either yet, not ruling them out but nothing obvious, build quality on the case is very good, I decided on this one for that.

Turned the brightness down to lowest on both which gives a nice dim feel to the screen but displays very well. It is too much screen to have bright.

I am no monitor expert but if I was looking at this in an apple case I would say 'that is a nice screen'.

i'll post a picture or 2 once my windows phone decides to send the pics I took 15 minutes ago to my desktop.

All in all very happy.

Comment

How To: Find your mouse cursor after you have lost it on Windows | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTech
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X