• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Half-decent, simple UML type diagram tools?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    No need to document anything, the code speaks for itself.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

By screaming abandon hope all ye who enter here - can you tell I spent all morning trying to find a misplaced parenthesis in a SQL statement.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I was just laughing at the thought of undocumented code (I know V was having a laugh ).

It's all lovely until someone is expected to support it in Prod - 'if you build it you support it' goes out of the window when Devs are expected to go on the rota to support their code and VMs.

"I've spent years getting out of Support - you can feck off if you expect me to go back!", say the Devs and their Leads in the DevOps teams...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Chuck it over the wall, it's the agile way

Comment

Of course nothing ever goes wrong once it’s in Prod…

https://twitter.com/devopscats/statu...TqTpCiblQ7xU6Q

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              Wow all this takes me back 20 years. Anyone remember Rational Rose and UML --> Code and Code --> UML. What a cluster **** that was.

I thought all this kind of crap went away with Agile DevOps. 4 minutes of design time, code and test in the afternoon and all done by the end of the week. No need to document anything, the code speaks for itself.
              For new stuff absolutely But this is 20-year old code including layers and layers of improvements, fixes, and mysterious "because of Keith" tweaks. It has to work as it does now and nobody really knows what that is in totality.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

UML - now there is a phrase I haven't heard since before you were born...

Comment

Working...
                X