• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wireless mouse recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless mouse recommendations

Had a number of wireless mice in the family over time and it's been very hit and miss. Even some of the bigger brands weren't really all that cop and the best one I've had one a two quid cheapie from Aliexpress but they don't make it anymore. I'm in the market for new general use one for work.

Anyone got something solid they like so I don't end up with another duffer? I like a full size mouse so nothing dinky. Looking cool/sophisticated a positive, expensive not a positive but either of those can be flexible for the right item.

P.S. Accountant still writes stuff down so doesn't know about wireless mice so that option is out.
    P.P.S Not doing a bean of your own research or googling anything appears to be de rigueur so I'm getting down with the cool kids
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Had a number of wireless mice in the family over time and it's been very hit and miss. Even some of the bigger brands weren't really all that cop and the best one I've had one a two quid cheapie from Aliexpress but they don't make it anymore. I'm in the market for new general use one for work.

Anyone got something solid they like so I don't end up with another duffer? I like a full size mouse so nothing dinky. Looking cool/sophisticated a positive, expensive not a positive but either of those can be flexible for the right item.

P.S. Accountant still writes stuff down so doesn't know about wireless mice so that option is out.
    P.P.S Not doing a bean of your own research or googling anything appears to be de rigueur so I'm getting down with the cool kids
    Logitech MX Master 3 Advanced Ratón Inalámbrico, Receptor USB, Bluetooth, 2.4GHz, Desplazamiento Rápido, Seguimiento 4K DPI en Cualquier Superficie, 7 Botones, Recarcable, PC, Mac, iPadOS, Negro : Logitech: Amazon.es: Informática because it's stupidly cheap compared to the UK price of £92.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I like the Logitech MX mice. Never had an issue with them, and they're rechargeable (single AA battery).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I like the Logitech MX mice. Never had an issue with them, and they're rechargeable (single AA battery).
        For 60 quid I want it to make me coffee as well.

No contractor specific options like...

Click image for larger version

Name:	gold-bar-mouse.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	4192760

Comment

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/produc.../A/magic-mouse
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm not on Apple but I people do rave about them. Plenty of replicas around. Any of them any cop or just cheap rip offs? Or am I being thick here and they are just bluetooth and no bound to apples?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

For 60 quid I want it to make me coffee as well.

No contractor specific options like...

Click image for larger version

Name:	gold-bar-mouse.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	4192760
              As a contractor I buy the best job for the task at hand (so that Logitech mouse)...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In reality I have two - one for when I'm working in my office and one for client sites.
                The one I take on client sites is a cheap one I picked up on eBay. It's like a gaming mouse, has multiple buttons that probable do things and lights up when charging. Very poor taste, but it works. And better than that, it is different to the standard issue mouse that most contractors and clients use. So if you're in a room with multiple laptops, no one accidentally grabs yours.

Not quite as hideous as this, but not far off it: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144238333522
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  In reality I have two - one for when I'm working in my office and one for client sites.
                  The one I take on client sites is a cheap one I picked up on eBay. It's like a gaming mouse, has multiple buttons that probable do things and lights up when charging. Very poor taste, but it works. And better than that, it is different to the standard issue mouse that most contractors and clients use. So if you're in a room with multiple laptops, no one accidentally grabs yours.

Not quite as hideous as this, but not far off it: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144238333522
                  Bar a slightly different pattern that's exactly what I had that's just expired. I had a similar one before and it was just awful hence me looking for advice but at 5 quid a pop I shouldn't be worrying. Just thought I might try something a bit more understated that was reliable.

Comment

I like the MS ones but since we're on this topic, it seems these often still require you to plug in a little dongle thingie - keyboards too. I was looking at trying to get a nice wireless setup recently and was surprised to see it's not all BlueTooth now. USB ports are precious.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X