• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple laptop screen issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    SNIP

Has anyone else seen similar issues? A replacement screen is £500+ and I have no confidence it will permanently resolve the issue given my previous experiences.

I was hoping to get a fair bit of cash back when I sell this (and I know I am a sucker but I do fancy one of the new 16" M1 machines) but if sold with a less than perfect screen I am going to have to take a big hit on price.

Any advice?

TheDude
    How did you pay for it? It has a fault that is an inherent fault, with multiple examples of the exact same fault occurring since you bought it.

If you paid by credit card, use Apple support and keep a log of the conversation. If they aren't going to help you, then state that the goods were clearly never fit for intended purpose at point of sale and therefore the goods have been at fault since this time. Perform a credit card chargeback. It may be a lemon of a laptop or a wider problem with the model, but your main concern should be getting a refund in line with consumer law.

I know lots of people running older Macs, because the new ones are often junk. Design flaws across the Pro and Air range. I use a 2013 Air for this reason and it keeps on chugging away.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

How did you pay for it? It has a fault that is an inherent fault, with multiple examples of the exact same fault occurring since you bought it.

If you paid by credit card, use Apple support and keep a log of the conversation. If they aren't going to help you, then state that the goods were clearly never fit for intended purpose at point of sale and therefore the goods have been at fault since this time. Perform a credit card chargeback. It may be a lemon of a laptop or a wider problem with the model, but your main concern should be getting a refund in line with consumer law.

I know lots of people running older Macs, because the new ones are often junk. Design flaws across the Pro and Air range. I use a 2013 Air for this reason and it keeps on chugging away.
      It was a business purchase and I am not protected by consumer law as Apple were keen to point out.

Comment

(politely) causing a scene in the Apple Store might get you somewhere but again I reckon only a better rebate on a new model.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X