• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which cordless tool ecosystem?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which cordless tool ecosystem?

Looking to invest in cordless tools, and would like to buy the same make to share batteries etc. What make would the panel recommend for domestic use?
    World's Best Martini

https://uk.ryobitools.eu/
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Looks good - what do they have over other better known names?
      World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
        Pros buy them...?

Mine are largely Bosch , which are fairly solid. The other pro kit is Makita.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Isn't De Walt the go-to manufacturer? Or are they no longer fashionable?

DeWalt 18V XR 10 Piece Kit with 4 x 5.0Ah Batteries | Toolden
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

Ah yes... Quite forgot them....

Not sure we're helping V8 though
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I'm waiting for the post.... "Can i buy this 10 piece De-walt kit through my Ltd company and expense it. I need it to build my new desk (also expensed) and that is wholly and exclusively for company use since my employer, er, sorry, client, says I can work from home".

I've started building up my collection of Bosch 18v kit - not the best there is, but a decent brand and not too pricey for the home diy'er.
              Last edited by Paralytic; 7 April 2021, 17:10.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Not sure we're helping V8 though
                No. No you're not.
                Last edited by v8gaz; 8 April 2021, 04:57. Reason: add a smiley so I don't look like such a git.
                World's Best Martini

Comment

No. No you're not.
                  Thought not.

Bosch for good and cheap, Makita for better and more expensive, De Walt for professional kit.

Bosch probably have the widest range incidentally.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Probably not much - them, Makita, De Walt provide a similar offering. You're better asking on a tools site rather than asking a bunch of Destroy-It-Yourselfers.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X