• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Monitor suggestions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Monitor suggestions

    Looking for a new monitor as a second screen when I replace the current Thunderbolt display the new iMac arrives.

    Looking at an LG27UL850 - 27" UHD 4K. £399 from Scan.

    Any suggestions for alternatives?

    Don't need 5k display quality, does need to have USB-C input, at least 27" screen size, preferably a couple of USB 3.0 outputs as well.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

    #2
    8K


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

    Comment


      #3
      34" Dell. Then you only need one monitor.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

      Comment


        #4
        This is a great bit of kit:

        Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved USB-C Monitor: U3419W

        I found it a bit fiddly to get used to but loving it now
        Last edited by ladymuck; 1 December 2020, 08:47.

        Comment


          #5
          Apple Pro XDR?
          I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
          Hands... out infractions
          Face... the music
          Space... between the ears

          Comment


            #6
            I get mine delivered tomorrow, £189 last Friday, doesn't mention USB though

            Buy HP V28 4K Ultra HD 28" TN LCD Monitor - Black | Free Delivery | Currys
            Last edited by anonymouse; 1 December 2020, 09:03.

            Comment


              #7
              Samsung 34" Ultrawide. Had mine 2 years and wouldn't ever go back to a smaller screen. Great for multi-tasking and for gaming too.

              Go via IPSE Perks and get 10% off.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Apple Pro XDR?
                If I had 5 grand to spare I would.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  34" Dell. Then you only need one monitor.
                  Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  This is a great bit of kit:

                  Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved USB-C Monitor: U3419W

                  I found it a bit fiddly to get used to but loving it now
                  Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  Samsung 34" Ultrawide. Had mine 2 years and wouldn't ever go back to a smaller screen. Great for multi-tasking and for gaming too.

                  Go via IPSE Perks and get 10% off.
                  It's going to be a second screen so don't want anything quite that wide, otherwise yes, excellent bit of kit.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    It's going to be a second screen so don't want anything quite that wide, otherwise yes, excellent bit of kit.
                    Forget two monitors and lump them both in to one?

                    ▷ ASUS ROG STRIX XG43VQ 43" 3840x1200 VA 120Hz … | OcUK

                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X