• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here into making techy things?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here into making techy things?

You know, wiring stuff together, interfacing lights and home appliances with your RasPi/Arduino, etc. I have a cursory interest but more on the coding side than building circuits and soldering.

Anyone like to share their pet projects, and online communities they find useful or interesting?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I used to build guitar stuff. Built a great distortion pedal which worked. Tried to build a wireless transmitter, but could only get it to produce frequencies that interfered with the tv signal at home.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I liked the idea of tinkering - wanted to make a prototype of an idea I had. Bought the solder, some resistors and stuff from maplins etc. The next step was to get an arduino - it's been almost 3 years now and still not started - but would like to if I have the time.

Comment

I want to get back into model engineering, build live steam locos, 5 or 7.25 gauge. My bro has a lathe I can acquire/con him out of, Colchester, three phase supply tho...

Comment

I seem to remember a couple of posters being quite in to their Pi's. MF was but he ate them all so not much use...

Might be something fun in this lot.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ra...G6vbgAb3m5nYCQ
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            You know, wiring stuff together, interfacing lights and home appliances with your RasPi/Arduino, etc. I have a cursory interest but more on the coding side than building circuits and soldering.

Anyone like to share their pet projects, and online communities they find useful or interesting?
            Sure

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Hackaday
              Instructables
              Makezine

arduino.cc

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/

should get you started.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have a Pi3 Motion detection Infrared camera focussed on my SureFlap. Intruder cat has defeated chip reader and wanted to know who the burglar was🙀
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  I have a Pi3 Motion detection Infrared camera focussed on my SureFlap. Intruder cat has defeated chip reader and wanted to know who the burglar was��
                  Lucky you haven't yet bought the automatic anti burglar defence module
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Lucky you haven't yet bought the automatic anti burglar defence module
                    Having grown up in South Africa, you wouldn't be without one! ✌
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X