• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone here into making techy things?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by adubya View Post
    Last year I did some playing around with IoT stuff, ESP8266 modules, MQTT, Arduino, Pi blah blah.

Interesting stuff and I learnt a lot. Cheap to get into also.
    That you George Junior?

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    Last year I did some playing around with IoT stuff, ESP8266 modules, MQTT, Arduino, Pi blah blah.

Interesting stuff and I learnt a lot. Cheap to get into also.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Lucky you haven't yet bought the automatic anti burglar defence module
    Having grown up in South Africa, you wouldn't be without one! ✌

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I have a Pi3 Motion detection Infrared camera focussed on my SureFlap. Intruder cat has defeated chip reader and wanted to know who the burglar was��
    Lucky you haven't yet bought the automatic anti burglar defence module

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I have a Pi3 Motion detection Infrared camera focussed on my SureFlap. Intruder cat has defeated chip reader and wanted to know who the burglar was🙀

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Hackaday
    Instructables
    Makezine

arduino.cc

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/

should get you started.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You know, wiring stuff together, interfacing lights and home appliances with your RasPi/Arduino, etc. I have a cursory interest but more on the coding side than building circuits and soldering.

Anyone like to share their pet projects, and online communities they find useful or interesting?
    Sure

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I seem to remember a couple of posters being quite in to their Pi's. MF was but he ate them all so not much use...

Might be something fun in this lot.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ra...G6vbgAb3m5nYCQ

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I want to get back into model engineering, build live steam locos, 5 or 7.25 gauge. My bro has a lathe I can acquire/con him out of, Colchester, three phase supply tho...

Leave a comment:

• Einstein Jnr
    replied
    I liked the idea of tinkering - wanted to make a prototype of an idea I had. Bought the solder, some resistors and stuff from maplins etc. The next step was to get an arduino - it's been almost 3 years now and still not started - but would like to if I have the time.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I used to build guitar stuff. Built a great distortion pedal which worked. Tried to build a wireless transmitter, but could only get it to produce frequencies that interfered with the tv signal at home.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Anyone here into making techy things?

Anyone here into making techy things?

You know, wiring stuff together, interfacing lights and home appliances with your RasPi/Arduino, etc. I have a cursory interest but more on the coding side than building circuits and soldering.

Anyone like to share their pet projects, and online communities they find useful or interesting?

Working...
X