• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dash cam?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Privacy?
    Off switch?
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I bought this MAISI 1296P Dash Cam for around £80

Comment

Thanks all, settled on a Nextbase 312, good compromise on quality, features, price and decent reviews on the web.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I bought a MiVue from Halfords. Very pleased with it. Has speed cameras, G-force, emergency activation, night vision etc. The playback software is excellent too. Already used it to help someone claim on their insurance when they got clipped by a van in front of me.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I bought Nextbase 512G for around £130+, fixed it permanently at Halfords for £30 (including the kit and fixing charges). It is slightly higher priced compared to other models because of its high resolution and anti-glare (which I think is essential).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like the price is now increased by around £20.
            Last edited by itjobs; 8 September 2016, 12:59.

Comment

I find it very surprising in this day and age the don't make a product tiny standalone camera that feeds in to a unit in the glove compartment or hidden away in the electrics somewhere. One front and rear that's so small you can't see it. I'd like to have one permanently attached but none seem discreet enough to worry I'm inviting some scroat to nick it.

Have I just not researched well enough?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I find it very surprising in this day and age the don't make a product tiny standalone camera that feeds in to a unit in the glove compartment or hidden away in the electrics somewhere. One front and rear that's so small you can't see it. I'd like to have one permanently attached but none seem discreet enough to worry I'm inviting some scroat to nick it.

Have I just not researched well enough?
                Yes.

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2015/3/...sh-camera.html

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  ...I'd like to have one permanently attached but none seem discreet enough to worry I'm inviting some scroat to nick it....
                  Probably time to buy a new car...lol. Surely, it will shift the focus from camera to the car :-)

Comment

Its not cheap but

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RoadHawk-HD...dhawk+dash+cam

Comment

I'd like to have one permanently attached but none seem discreet enough to worry I'm inviting some scroat to nick it
                      I made a fixing that allows me to swing it back to the roof and make it less obvious.

PS Of course it does help to drive a tatty old van that nobody would think would have anything worth nicking.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X