• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dash cam?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash cam?

Can anyone here recommend a decent but not too expensive dash cam please? I got one a while ago for about £70 and it was rubbish, I sent it back to Amazon. Thanks.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

I've just ordered one of these, I hope it's good:

Nextbase Dash Cam 312GW

Comment

I bought one of these from the garage. It does the job. 1080P 2.4" HD Car Dash Camera Video Register Recorder DVR Cam Night Vision HT | eBay

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I've just ordered one of these, I hope it's good:

Nextbase Dash Cam 312GW
          I've got one of them. Steady away and does what say on the tin. It's not the smallest and won't fit too near my rear view mirror so have to take it on and off every journey which I do less and less now. When I get a decent car I'm going to get one of those small barrel ones and have it perm fitted.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

We have an SJCam SJ4000 in swmbos car and I fancy one of these Ddpai M6

Mainly from watching a few of this guys reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OPrYBWCAYc
            So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Can anyone here recommend a decent but not too expensive dash cam please? I got one a while ago for about £70 and it was rubbish, I sent it back to Amazon. Thanks.
              Care to say which one was "rubbish"?

I'm happy with a Transcend DP200. Excellent video quality, night & day. The supplied mount was awkward for my car - the 'stalk' is at such an angle to make fitting behind the mirror impossible - however I found a short stubby mount (~£2 from ebay) and cannibalised the stalk from that for a permanent fit behind the mirror. It has wifi but never managed to get that to work reliably. The later model is the DP220 with Lithium battery vs. the DP200's super-cap, which seems to me a retrograde step. It comes with a Transcend 16GB card which I replaced with a Kingston 32GB (~£15 from Amazon) for just over 5hr running time in HD mode. I run the power cable into to the fuse box with 'piggy-back' tap fuse (Amazon). Also fitted a timer (~£5 from ebay) so it stays recording after key-off for a predetermined time.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                Care to say which one was "rubbish"?

I'm happy with a Transcend DP200. Excellent video quality, night & day. The supplied mount was awkward for my car - the 'stalk' is at such an angle to make fitting behind the mirror impossible - however I found a short stubby mount (~£2 from ebay) and cannibalised the stalk from that for a permanent fit behind the mirror. It has wifi but never managed to get that to work reliably. The later model is the DP220 with Lithium battery vs. the DP200's super-cap, which seems to me a retrograde step. It comes with a Transcend 16GB card which I replaced with a Kingston 32GB (~£15 from Amazon) for just over 5hr running time in HD mode. I run the power cable into to the fuse box with 'piggy-back' tap fuse (Amazon). Also fitted a timer (~£5 from ebay) so it stays recording after key-off for a predetermined time.
                Thanks, not to worry, I recall after a while it disappeared from Amazon, too many returns no doubt.

Comment

After a bit of looking around I think models like the Transend 200 or the one by Asus look about the best for the money. Many suggest not buying one with GPS built in, the latest Transend 200 meets that and at less than GBP 90 looks OK.

Comment

Got a Transcend Drive Pro 220, pretty good. Only problem was that that the crash sensor was over sensitive, got triggered by going over potholes. However, I suspect that could be fixed by making the mounting more rigid.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X