• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Find me a laptop please!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    I saw that one. My daughter banned me from Lenovo's on account of a couple of spates of the factory loading alleged spyware a while ago. I have had Lenovo's though and I rate them. I suspect the cheapo ASUS lappy might have been a store only clearance jobby. I usually miss out on stuff like that, but it worked out this time for me I think.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I love my 420. Had it for years. Put an SSD and it's still going strong. Well except for the 20 minute battery life. If the time comes I'll definitely be looking at a Yoga, 13 or other from them.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        I saw that one. My daughter banned me from Lenovo's on account of a couple of spates of the factory loading alleged spyware a while ago. I have had Lenovo's though and I rate them. I suspect the cheapo ASUS lappy might have been a store only clearance jobby. I usually miss out on stuff like that, but it worked out this time for me I think.
        Might want to be careful with Lenovo's for a bit.

Lenovo scrambling to get a fix for BIOS vuln

Lenovo, and possibly other PC vendors, is exposed to a UEFI bug that can be exploited to disable firmware write-protection...
        ...an attacker can “disable flash write protection and infect platform firmware, disable Secure Boot, [and] bypass Virtual Secure Mode (Credential Guard, etc.) on Windows 10 Enterprise.”
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Might want to be careful with Lenovo's for a bit.

Lenovo scrambling to get a fix for BIOS vuln
          I bet Lenovo feel a bit aggrieved they are mentioned throughout the article. It does say HP laptops from 2010 also have the vulnerability so reading between the lines there could be quite a few more.

Interesting link though thanks.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X