• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potential new contract asked for codility test.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential new contract asked for codility test.

A recruiter has a new gig at £550 pd for a household name, however they want me to do a 60m codilitiy test even with all my open source examples.

Is this a bad sign?

It is if your are crap.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Are you bored today?

Comment

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
        A recruiter has a new gig at £550 pd for a household name, however they want me to do a 60m codilitiy test even with all my open source examples.

Is this a bad sign?
        I'd refuse, I'm not a code monkey though, but I never do any of these tests, not even the aptitude tests (ok I did one and failed spectacularly).

Comment

I've done testing at a few places and always a waste of space. Mostly a covering the arse exercise, only once could I see any relevance. However, it's 60 mins and 500pd is a good rate, just do it, though they will probably use the results to knock your rate down.

Comment

If all they want is a code monkey, it's ony a short matter of time before your contract goes to India.

On that basis, I'm out.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

What language? I had to do a codility test for my most recent role. It was absurdly simple. It's a quick & dirty filter. The actual interview has no technical test at all, although there was a little pair programming exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                If all they want is a code monkey, it's ony a short matter of time before your contract goes to India.
                a)Nonsense
                b)You're a CONTRACTOR. Being there short term is what you DO.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post

Is this a bad sign?
                  Why?
                  You only have anything to worry about, if you are winging it.

Also, its not an internal client co test, so can often be reused, when applying for other roles.

As far as having open source examples to show, these could have been copied and pasted from anywhere on the internet.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    As far as having open source examples to show, these could have been copied and pasted from anywhere on the internet.
                    "Here's my Github user-name, I'm particularly proud of my work on project X, here's some links to my commits?"
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X