• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potential new contract asked for codility test.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a problem that they can't fix, they want to get it sorted on the cheap, you will give them the answer and then the contract will get binned
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      They have a problem that they can't fix, they want to get it sorted on the cheap, you will give them the answer and then the contract will get binned

...which could also be an option...

"Rather than give me a test, why not give me a bit of your code that has a problem. I will charge you x per hour to fix it. Once you're happy with that, then you can take me on for other work"
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
        A recruiter has a new gig at £550 pd for a household name, however they want me to do a 60m codilitiy test even with all my open source examples.

Is this a bad sign?
        Not really a bad sign - it proves the company are serious about hiring competent people IMHO, even if you disagree that testing is the best way to achieve that.

60 minutes should be a p.o.p. anyway, my last Codility test was 200 minutes

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          If I was interviewing someone I really CBA'd going through github commits to try to judge their work. That CV would go straight in the bin.
          Seems daft to me ? Github will give you far more info about how a programmer actually works in practice, and what quality of code they turn out, than any face to face interview or coding test ever could ?

Boo

Comment

Next step is intern status, we all work for free for a month to prove we can do the job. Take it or leave it.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              all work for free for a month to set up the job, prior to handing over to Cognizant or TCS. Take it or leave it.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                FTFY

Based on your fix, I've done a quick check of ClientCo's phone list. Nope, no one called Mark here, except you seem to have said something which was announced internally a couple of weeks ago.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Based on your fix, I've done a quick check of ClientCo's phone list. Nope, no one called Mark here, except you seem to have said something which was announced internally a couple of weeks ago.
                  That's, for you, coincidences, eh?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
                    A recruiter has a new gig at £550 pd for a household name, however they want me to do a 60m codilitiy test even with all my open source examples.

Is this a bad sign?
                    Not at all. Just remember to get the correct address of where to send the invoice.

You are being paid for that 60 minutes, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      But we're not builders.
                      Yawn.. This again..

No, we're not builders, but we're both independent professionals.

Why should one set of "independent professionals" be treated so vastly differently than another set of "independent professionals"?

Comment

Working...
                      X