• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potential new contract asked for codility test.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boo View Post
    That's preposterously unlikely, you only have to look at the costs of preparing a test, calling people in and interviewing them to see that. How would it look to the rest of the company, CEO, HR etc, if the CTO couldn't solve problems without calling people in for fake interviews. Just a silly response IMO.

Boo2
    I've given such tests
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
      How would it look to the rest of the company, CEO, HR etc, if the CTO couldn't solve problems without calling people in for fake interviews. Just a silly response IMO.

Boo2
      Not entirely true, please see my post above.
      It was for a young company, but, market leader, of course I won't actually name them here.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
        A recruiter has a new gig at £550 pd for a household name, however they want me to do a 60m codilitiy test even with all my open source examples.

Is this a bad sign?
        I'd fall at the first hurdle.

I don't even know what this means.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
          I'd fall at the first hurdle.

I don't even know what this means.
          Have you tried a search?
          Last edited by northernladuk; 18 November 2015, 09:12.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Have you tried a search?
            Ok, fair enough. I've done similar & don't object if it's no longer than 1 hour.

It's the coding tests I object to where they want you to put a full working solution together.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              To an experienced person, it is completely stupid.

To a potential employer, less so, given the amount of useless, skill less, lying, chancing charlatans, on the contract market.
              If you have ever performed any hiring duties, you would already know this
              Tests.
              The best one is the market survival test. My company accounts and references tell the real story.

Taxi drivers.
              I would fail all of them. Because of they do not use the proper pull and push steering technique and glance to mirrors too quickly

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                If I was interviewing someone I really CBA'd going through github commits to try to judge their work. That CV would go straight in the bin.
                Conversely if you said that out loud in many places then you'd probably end up in the bin. Whether or not that's a good thing, you can decide.

Comment

Working...
                X