• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best password manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best password manager

I reuse my passwords. Fact. So whenever there's a breach, I'd need to change them everywhere. I don't.
    What's the best password manager to use on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android?
    At the moment, Google Chrome does the job pretty well, wherever we-based login is used, but I wonder how it stacks up to, for example 1password?
    What's the best thing on the market? Does it integrate well on iOS?
    Can I combine such a 'user' password manager with storing my SSH key pairs?

I use LastPass with two factor authentication enabled.

Don't know what it's like on iOS or Mac, but it does the job on Android, Windows and Linux for me.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
      I reuse my passwords. Fact. So whenever there's a breach, I'd need to change them everywhere. I don't.
      What's the best password manager to use on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android?
      At the moment, Google Chrome does the job pretty well, wherever we-based login is used, but I wonder how it stacks up to, for example 1password?
      What's the best thing on the market? Does it integrate well on iOS?
      Can I combine such a 'user' password manager with storing my SSH key pairs?
      I use 1Password on OSX, it has an iOS integration but it gives you a new browser rather than using which ever browser you prefer
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Keeppass on the PC has done well for me for the last year or so. I back up the database to my memory stick and have a copy of keeppass there as well so I can log in to banking etc if I'm at a friends house.

Hate the idea of cloud storage so wouldn't trust anything that offers to store your passwords on their servers. (Hate cloud storage in general, not just for password managers, though)
        • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
        • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
          Keeppass on the PC has done well for me for the last year or so. I back up the database to my memory stick and have a copy of keeppass there as well so I can log in to banking etc if I'm at a friends house.

Hate the idea of cloud storage so wouldn't trust anything that offers to store your passwords on their servers. (Hate cloud storage in general, not just for password managers, though)
          No iOS or Android version, though.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've been using Roboform for years. Replicates to my Android. Very happy with it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I've been using Roboform for years. Replicates to my Android. Very happy with it.
              Do you have the paid up version?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                I use LastPass with two factor authentication enabled.

Don't know what it's like on iOS or Mac
                I use LastPass too, and the iOS version is good.

Comment

I use YellowPostIt under my keyboard....

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Do you have the paid up version?
                    Yes I do.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X