• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best password manager"

Collapse

• DigitalUser
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I use LastPass too, and the iOS version is good.
    I also use LastPass - generally I like the product, but the Safari plugin (OSX) and Android plugin have for me been sub-par experiences (particularly the former, seems to work only fleetingly).

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Although, after playing around with it, I might start trying Safari
    Since Yosemite I've actually been using Safari over Chrome and it's a much better 'lighter' experience. Chrome is an absolute resource hog, and my MBA can't handle lots of Chrome tabs open, along with the occasional Win 8.1 VM.

Back to P/W managers though, look at Dashlane. Excellent and modern, been using it for <2 years, paid version that syncs pretty much everywhere and decrypts locally not on the cloud.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I use Chrome
    Although, after playing around with it, I might start trying Safari

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by davetza View Post
    You can now use 1Password with Safari on IOS8. Click on the up arrow coming out the square select more and turn on the 1Password extension.
    I use Chrome

Leave a comment:

• davetza
    replied
    I use 1Password on OSX, it has an iOS integration but it gives you a new browser rather than using which ever browser you prefer
    You can now use 1Password with Safari on IOS8. Click on the up arrow coming out the square select more and turn on the 1Password extension.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    you mean you actually use that pile of tulip as something other than a cable modem...
    Yes. It does exactly what I want it to do, so why would I need another router?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    He's an interesting chap - there was a Kickstarter project that both he and I were backing about password storage, and then we both ripped apart their security model.

His blog highlights the Virgin Media router fault as well, which could lead to someone gaining access to your wifi when you restart the router.
    you mean you actually use that pile of tulip as something other than a cable modem...

Leave a comment:

• zazou
    replied
    He's an interesting chap - there was a Kickstarter project that both he and I were backing about password storage, and then we both ripped apart their security model.

His blog highlights the Virgin Media router fault as well, which could lead to someone gaining access to your wifi when you restart the router.
    Ouch!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by zazou View Post
    I googled Roboform and stumbled upon this interesting blog: https://ramblingrant.co.uk/how-secur...ute-challenge/

Leave a comment:

• zazou
    replied
    I googled Roboform and stumbled upon this interesting blog: https://ramblingrant.co.uk/how-secur...ute-challenge/

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Many systems won't accept a password that long, though.
    more and more modern systems do now memory isn't such an issue...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Many systems won't accept a password that long, though.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    CorrectHorse

qh

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Do you have the paid up version?
    Yes I do.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I use YellowPostIt under my keyboard....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X