• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How hard is it to find a sodding printer!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard is it to find a sodding printer!

Ok this is what I would like:

Color Laser Jet, MFD with Wireless, Auto Duplexing and Scan to Email facility

So far:

This ticks all the boxes apart from Auto Duplxing

This ticks all the boxes apart from Color but has the addition of scanning to Dropbox which is a massive bonus

Shirley this shouldn't be difficult as I don't want to move to the heavy duty devices!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Although this seems to tick all the boxes

DCP-9020CDW Colour Laser All-in-One + Duplex, Network, Wireless | Home or Small Office | Brother UK - Brother at your side

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So.... not that hard then?
      World's Best Martini

Comment

I've got this one:

Brother MFC9340CDW A4 Colour Multifunction Laser Printer

Slightly more, but is a great printer so far. Printer land was the cheapest place I could find it. I wanted everything you were after, but 2 sided scanning / copying as well, with the model you've linked you manually need to turn the page over.
        Last edited by Incognito; 5 October 2014, 20:19.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Wow, prices have plummeted... colour laser for under £300!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            I've got this one:

Brother MFC9340CDW A4 Colour Multifunction Laser Printer

Slightly more, but is a great printer so far. Printer land was the cheapest place I could find it. I wanted everything you were after, but 2 sided scanning / copying as well, with the model you've linked you manually need to turn the page over.
            Double sided scanning would be a bonus rather than a pre-req and couldn't justify double the price for a nice to have.

How long you had it? Whats the running life like? I was swaying towards the HP as replacing the toner also replaces the drums etc making servicing easier

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Yeah but if you need a colour, duplex, laser A3 printer, then the prices jump quite a bit...and that's without 'scan' facilities
              Clarity is everything

Comment

We got my daughter one for Uni that does all you ask. £40 from Tesco and I'm sure this is the model Canon PIXMA MG3150 - Inkjet Photo Printers - Canon UK

The software lets you put whichever scans you want into one pdf file as well.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Until you need to buy toner ...

I scrapped my colour laser (in 2008), it cost a bloody fortune to buy toner, like £90 for each CMY and £50 for K

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Until you need to buy toner ...

I scrapped my colour laser (in 2008), it cost a bloody fortune to buy toner, like £90 for each CMY and £50 for K
                    Depends on your use case, though - I rarely print but need to when I need to (if that makes sense) so laser is perfect because the toner lasts forever. My dad has a LaserJet 6MP which we acquired easily 10 years ago and I bet it's only been through 5 lots of toner, if that.

That I can't stand inkjet printers, hateful little ****ers.

Comment

Working...
                    X