• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas do - Friday 10 December, London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

is there space for a large one?
    Absolutely! I'll get the pub to reinforce another extra chair

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Absolutely! I'll get the pub to reinforce another extra chair
      Better make it a double, there is a lot of me to love! Sorry for calling you meatloaf MF!

Thanks!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Better make it a double, there is a lot of me to love! Sorry for calling you meatloaf MF!

Thanks!
        I owe you an apology - you had said you were coming but for some reason I'd completely forgotten.

Comment

I owe you an apology - you had said you were coming but for some reason I'd completely forgotten.
          not a problem most people try to forget me
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Globe have just confirmed our booking for the 10th.

I've not pre-ordered any food or drink but do be aware that they're having supply issues and some menu items may not be available on the night.

Comment

Still trying but gonna be a logistical nightmare. That said, could anybody recommend a workspace that would be suitable for delivering a remote presentation (I.e., quiet/private?)

I did WeWork a few years back, but that was all shared and I can't see any option to book meeting rooms on their site (Though it is 0830 and I've not *really* looked yet!)

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Still trying but gonna be a logistical nightmare. That said, could anybody recommend a workspace that would be suitable for delivering a remote presentation (I.e., quiet/private?)

I did WeWork a few years back, but that was all shared and I can't see any option to book meeting rooms on their site (Though it is 0830 and I've not *really* looked yet!)
                Try contacting these people and see what they can offer
                https://uncommon.co.uk/meeting-rooms/
                Last edited by ladymuck; 30 November 2021, 10:22. Reason: gave wrong link

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

Some Premier Inns have conference room facilities, which I would imagine aren't being used much at the moment - might be worth getting in touch with the PI and seeing if they have such a space that you can borrow cheap for an hour or so as you're already booked in there

Comment

A week to go! Unless we go into lock down.

Don't forget your Secret Santa tat.

Comment

There is no minimum spend and we can either do rounds or run a tab.
                      There's a Nicholson's Pubs phone app which can be used for ordering from the table for the incorrigibly lazy

Comes with a few money off vouchers too!

iOS link: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/nichol...bs/id924434086
                      Android link: I dunno, can somebody who uses Android look it up?

Comment

Working...
                      X