• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Heat Pump Tumble dryer"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I dried all the washing on the line yesterday.

The towels are like sandpaper.
    I love my towels like that. Scratchier the better.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    I dried all the washing on the line yesterday.

The towels are like sandpaper.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

spare room????
    This goes up in front of the log burner. Dries in no time.

But it would be a vaguely interesting comparison.
    Not sure you'd need a dehumidifier though. Do you not spin the clothes before hanging them up?
    Or is your house damp/small?
    Why would I want my living room full of wet clothes? It's Victorian house but that would be like stepping back 100 years. Maybe get out the copper bath too? We have a dedicated laundry room and dehumidifiers are a huge boon.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

spare room????

Not sure you'd need a dehumidifier though. Do you not spin the clothes before hanging them up?
    They dry much much quicker with a dehumidifier running.

And they aren't expensive to run. You just need to put it in a room you aren't using for a few hours.

They are cheaper to use than a tumble dryer.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Those don't really work unless you keep the room warm and well-ventilated. Heating a room is energy-intensive and requires a fair bit of space.
    We use them but have to run a dehumidifier especially in colder months. It would be (a bit) interesting to compare the energy use of a dryer compared to the energy use to heat and dehumidify a spare room.
    spare room????

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

not every solution needs to be expensive and energy intensive

Click image for larger version Name:	3-tier-elegant-clothes-horse-laundry-airer-15m-drying-space-beldray-la050397-5053191050397__24788.1658498045.jpg?c=1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	4229435
    Those don't really work unless you keep the room warm and well-ventilated. Heating a room is energy-intensive and requires a fair bit of space.
    We use them but have to run a dehumidifier especially in colder months. It would be (a bit) interesting to compare the energy use of a dryer compared to the energy use to heat and dehumidify a spare room.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Not great when it rains every day for weeks or it's freezing or you live in a city with filthy air
    not every solution needs to be expensive and energy intensive

Click image for larger version  Name:	3-tier-elegant-clothes-horse-laundry-airer-15m-drying-space-beldray-la050397-5053191050397__24788.1658498045.jpg?c=1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	4229435

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	0003331_washing-line-and-post_580.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	4229280
    Not great when it rains every day for weeks or it's freezing or you live in a city with filthy air

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I used to have one like that, it worked great but it was far lower. At that height you're really only going to get the ones on penny farthings.
    Ah. That explains:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ndle-bars.html

Well done.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

I used to have one like that, it worked great but it was far lower. At that height you're really only going to get the ones on penny farthings.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Hence why, in my OP, I stated for this coming winter.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

No, just a more economical way of drying your clothes, albeit at the expense of time.

qh

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied

oops. I was confused but I thought this was about a washing machine though, not CH.
    No, just a more economical way of drying your clothes, albeit at the expense of time.

qh

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Microsoft operating system them?

Name:	estimation.png
Views:	133
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	4229151

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

Maybe some confusion around this. This isn't a heat pump for the CH this is just a method of drying clothes.

qh
    oops. I was confused but I thought this was about a washing machine though, not CH.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X