• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Presumably, they didn't claim it was available/in stock when you ordered it?

5 months is a long time even if it was made to order. Perhaps they only cut a tree down when you place an order.
    Perhaps they only plant a tree when you place an order?

Leave a comment:

• Srivas
    replied
    This is the Act which covers items over £100, bought by credit card, where you don't receive the item, it's faulty or the company refuses a refund.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...ou-pay-by-card

Has anyone made a claim under the Act?

I ordered something 2 weeks ago, and the company kept saying they were shipping it but it's never arrived. Now they are not responding to emails, and they never answer the phone.

I'm wondering how long to leave it before raising it with the credit card company (MBNA).

Thanks.

Even if a credit card contains personnel name, a company (contractor) card is not covered by Section 75. So using personnel credit cards is the best way for contractors, as Section 75 applies to this type of cards.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

That's nowt - the sideboard I ordered (and paid for) in November arrived in April.
    Presumably, they didn't claim it was available/in stock when you ordered it?

5 months is a long time even if it was made to order. Perhaps they only cut a tree down when you place an order.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    AO: once used, never again.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

That's nowt - the sideboard I ordered (and paid for) in November arrived in April.
    I was being pleased at the positive outcome rather than celebrating the length of time to achieve said outcome.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

It arrived yesterday aok. "Only" 3 weeks after placing the order but hey ho.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    This other supplier is currently giving a delivery date of Thursday, so we shall see.
    It arrived yesterday aok. "Only" 3 weeks after placing the order but hey ho.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    I was unimpressed with AO, oddly enough Currys were better the twice they delivered stuff.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied

Been there - I will never order anything from AO.com as it's not worth the risk of failed delivery (after they sold the item at a higher price to some else between me placing the order and the delivery date even though they had taken the money),
    Had a similar experience with "Go Outdoors". They have stuff on their website at very keen prices, trouble is a lot of it ain't in stock even though the website says it is. (I think they started getting a bad rep after they were acquired by JD Sports.)

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Agreed. The company has given me enough assurances that I do believe they are endeavouring to fulfil the order.

The issue is that, when I ordered the item, it was showing as "in stock", when in fact it wasn't. It's actually coming from another supplier, who are getting it directly from the manufacturer.

This other supplier is currently giving a delivery date of Thursday, so we shall see.
    I hate that. I expect 'in stock' to mean 'in our warehouse' and get very grumpy when I discover companies are selling stock they don't have, on the assumption that it will turn up in time.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Agreed. The company has given me enough assurances that I do believe they are endeavouring to fulfil the order.

The issue is that, when I ordered the item, it was showing as "in stock", when in fact it wasn't. It's actually coming from another supplier, who are getting it directly from the manufacturer.

Been there - I will never order anything from AO.com as it's not worth the risk of failed delivery (after they sold the item at a higher price to some else between me placing the order and the delivery date even though they had taken the money),

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    There's no rush with the credit card they refund in full if you don't receive the goods. I would give enough time for the goods to arrive, rather than cancelling and then having to fill out even more forms to reverse the refund. The main thing is to claim when you received credit card statement and the goods haven't arrived.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    There's no rush with the credit card they refund in full if you don't receive the goods. I would give enough time for the goods to arrive, rather than cancelling and then having to fill out even more forms to reverse the refund. The main thing is to claim when you received credit card statement and the goods haven't arrived.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 24 May 2021, 18:55.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Sending them an email with the subject "Claiming a refund from the Credit Card Company" woke them up. They replied 11 minutes later, with this:

This is scheduled for delivery on Friday.

Kind Regards,

Do I believe them? Nope.

If it doesn't arrive on Friday, I'll phone the credit card company on Saturday morning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X