• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Agreed. The company has given me enough assurances that I do believe they are endeavouring to fulfil the order.

The issue is that, when I ordered the item, it was showing as "in stock", when in fact it wasn't. It's actually coming from another supplier, who are getting it directly from the manufacturer.

This other supplier is currently giving a delivery date of Thursday, so we shall see.
    Been there - I will never order anything from AO.com as it's not worth the risk of failed delivery (after they sold the item at a higher price to some else between me placing the order and the delivery date even though they had taken the money),
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Agreed. The company has given me enough assurances that I do believe they are endeavouring to fulfil the order.

The issue is that, when I ordered the item, it was showing as "in stock", when in fact it wasn't. It's actually coming from another supplier, who are getting it directly from the manufacturer.

This other supplier is currently giving a delivery date of Thursday, so we shall see.
      I hate that. I expect 'in stock' to mean 'in our warehouse' and get very grumpy when I discover companies are selling stock they don't have, on the assumption that it will turn up in time.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Been there - I will never order anything from AO.com as it's not worth the risk of failed delivery (after they sold the item at a higher price to some else between me placing the order and the delivery date even though they had taken the money),
        Had a similar experience with "Go Outdoors". They have stuff on their website at very keen prices, trouble is a lot of it ain't in stock even though the website says it is. (I think they started getting a bad rep after they were acquired by JD Sports.)
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I was unimpressed with AO, oddly enough Currys were better the twice they delivered stuff.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It arrived yesterday aok. "Only" 3 weeks after placing the order but hey ho.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

It arrived yesterday aok. "Only" 3 weeks after placing the order but hey ho.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's nowt - the sideboard I ordered (and paid for) in November arrived in April.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

That's nowt - the sideboard I ordered (and paid for) in November arrived in April.
                  I was being pleased at the positive outcome rather than celebrating the length of time to achieve said outcome.

Comment

AO: once used, never again.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Presumably, they didn't claim it was available/in stock when you ordered it?

5 months is a long time even if it was made to order. Perhaps they only cut a tree down when you place an order.

Comment

Working...
                      X