• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: "BT" Helpdesk

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""BT" Helpdesk"

Collapse

• GJABS
    replied
    I suppose the problem is that you might troll them back with a witty response - but they might exact revenge by calling you more often..

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    The Hook - Scammers Try To Tell Police Captain She’s Wanted For Drug Trafficking | Facebook

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    2 more such calls today! **** nuisances!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I once told them I didn't have a computer because the electromagnetic waves they give off causes cancer and I went on try and sell them some healing crystals to protect them from the very dangerous work they're doing

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    I tell 'em I'm running Win3.11.

The bafflement is extreme in doing the needful.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I just keep them going and then tell them that I have a Mac.

That normally stresses them out.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's ways good fun to waste their time. It's a public service, preventing them from scamming people who could be misled.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 24 August 2019, 18:17.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I got one of these tossers and just hung up on him as he was in mid spiel. He then phoned back.

"Why did you hang up on me?"
    "Because you're a ******* scammer. Does your mother know what your doing?".
    bzzzzzzzzz

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Mrs BP once gave the phone to baby bp. It was a lasdy fraudster who sounded Indian. He asked her if she liked curry!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh. Always getting calls from "BT" or my "internet provider". Don't have your patience, I just swear and slam the phone down.

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    started a topic "BT" Helpdesk

"BT" Helpdesk

1 hour ago.

*Ring Ring* *Ring Ring*

Me: Hello
    *pause*
    Other: Hi Yes my name is ... I'm from BT
    Me: Hi
    Other: You have people on your internet
    Me: Oh really, that's not good
    Other: Yes, are you in-front of your pc?
    Me: Yes, but wait a minute, what's your telephone number
    Other: Why you need my telephone number
    Me: So I can phone you back at BT
    Other: what you need to phone me for
    Me: Because you don't work for BT you *ickhead*, just *uck off and get a proper *ucking job, you *wat,
    Other..........you *uck off too

Actually enjoyed the exchange. He's lucky because I was busy and the last guy that tried it, I managed to keep on the phone for 20 mins(15 of which on hold)before telling him where to go.
    Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 23 August 2019, 14:37.

Working...
X