• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: And another one?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "And another one?"

Collapse

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    And a current politician to be named soon according to The Independent.
    A Labour peer (probably)

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    OK, when society is over it.
    How would we know? Should we vote on it?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    OK, when society is over it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    When the victim is over it.

even then its still a crime that needs punishing. violent offences are against society as well as the person, its the only way to avoid anarchy.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    So how long after the event is a rape no longer considered a rape? Or you do simply think that after [x] years, a rapist should be allowed to move on and stop worrying about the threat of prosecution?
    When the victim is over it.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    So how long after the event is a rape no longer considered a rape? Or you do simply think that after [x] years, a rapist should be allowed to move on and stop worrying about the threat of prosecution?
    According to the article, the complainant claims one person held his wrists while someone else "tried" to rape him.

So even by his account no rape ever actually occurred, which makes dragging the whole thing back out after all this time even more ludicrous

In any case, wasn't all this reported a couple of years ago? Still, I suppose a responsible paper like the Mail has a public duty to bring these things to the public's attention (again).

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The complainant is 66, and this supposedly traumatic incident happened when he was 18?! FFS, that's nearly 50 years ago.

No doubt the BBC _was_ a cesspit of depravity back then. But how utterly ridiculous to be dragging all this out now!

This idiot loser should be prosecuted for vexatious litigation or something!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    The complainant is 66, and this supposedly traumatic incident happened when he was 18?! FFS, that's nearly 50 years ago.

No doubt the BBC _was_ a cesspit of depravity back then. But how utterly ridiculous to be dragging all this out now!

This idiot loser should be prosecuted for vexatious litigation or something!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Thing is there are many handsome chaps (bit like me when I was younger) and I was able to get 'quite a bit' but never did I think hmm bored with Women lets try a little boy....

It just was not even an option so I do not buy this pushing the boundaries stuff I think Saville imparticular was completely nuts.
    oh I think they are nuts, I just think some of it starts by 'oh I have had threesomes, orgies , M&F what next to get my kicks?' remember most successful men are randy & manipulative as hell. Its a bit like rape its about controlling others.

I'm not an apologist I'm the first one in line with the rusty corkscrew to punish these bastards.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    with a different haircut and when he was younger maybe.

BBC News - Jimmy Savile and workplace culture today

face fairly balanced, strong chin, good eyes.

he wasn't pug ugly combine that with money & fame he could get certain men or women to satisfy his desires. Abusing kids seems to be pushing the envelope for new thrills for people like him.
    Thing is there are many handsome chaps (bit like me when I was younger) and I was able to get 'quite a bit' but never did I think hmm bored with Women lets try a little boy....

It just was not even an option so I do not buy this pushing the boundaries stuff I think Saville imparticular was completely nuts.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Surely no one EVER considered Saville to be fashionable or handsome? He may have had the lure of "celebrity" and wealth but that was all.
    with a different haircut and when he was younger maybe.

BBC News - Jimmy Savile and workplace culture today

face fairly balanced, strong chin, good eyes.

he wasn't pug ugly combine that with money & fame he could get certain men or women to satisfy his desires. Abusing kids seems to be pushing the envelope for new thrills for people like him.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    And a current politician to be named soon according to The Independent.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    you will probably find they are clean family men.
    Just like thought most of the current crop were clean family men... Well most of them.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    you will probably find they are clean family men. I'm not sure what a paedophile looks like any more than a rapist. Max Clifford and Jimmy Saville were both considered fashionable and possibly handsome, neither would have had any difficulty getting adult women/men.
    Surely no one EVER considered Saville to be fashionable or handsome? He may have had the lure of "celebrity" and wealth but that was all.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I am waiting for the Chuckle Brothers to get found out. I can't stand either of them. They should be on a poster warning children what type of people to avoid in the street, not play with them. If I had to do a photo fit of a pervy old man it would look like this...

you will probably find they are clean family men. I'm not sure what a paedophile looks like any more than a rapist. Max Clifford and Jimmy Saville were both considered fashionable and possibly handsome, neither would have had any difficulty getting adult women/men.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X