• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Red Dwarf is coming back"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Brill. Trouble is age of the actors. Seen Danny Joules recently in Death in Paradise and he looks ancient! Doubtless the others will be ancient too, which may be ok if the story places them in space for decades but the big problem is Kryton. how can a robot age? More makeup?

PS It's Danny John-Jules.
    Would a hologram in a hard light body age? I'd think not, but at the end of series 6 he does.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    but the big problem is Kryton. how can a robot age? More makeup?
    It was obvious from Red Dwarf X that although a robot can't age, he can gain a beer belly.

I thought RDX was pretty good; more or less back to its best.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Indeed, it was great in its day, but recycling it years down the line is just begging for it to fail.
    Went downhill for me when Kachanski (?) became a regular.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    its time for son of Dwarfers.

Jim & Bexley can take over.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Probably realised their collective pension schemes need a top up.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    PSSSSSST You do know that Red Dwarf first started 27 years ago!

After Back To Earth I was ready to write off Red Dwarf, it was dire, but RDX was a vast improvement and almost as good as its hey day
    Same, and not realising this was a thread resurrection I was hugely confused by your second comment!

I wouldn't quite put it up there in heydey territory, but I really quite enjoyed RDX and I look forward to these next ones. That said, I'd love to see the old team back together (I.e., Rob Grant and Norman Lovett). I just don't think Doug Naylor is good enough by himself, to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Brill. Trouble is age of the actors. Seen Danny Joules recently in Death in Paradise and he looks ancient! Doubtless the others will be ancient too, which may be ok if the story places them in space for decades but the big problem is Kryton. how can a robot age? More makeup?

PSSSSSST You do know that Red Dwarf first started 27 years ago!

After Back To Earth I was ready to write off Red Dwarf, it was dire, but RDX was a vast improvement and almost as good as its hey day

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Dear god, no.

Can't they use the humane killer & put it out to grass.

Er, maybe I mixed the metaphor a bit there, sort of.
    Indeed, it was great in its day, but recycling it years down the line is just begging for it to fail.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Last edited by xoggoth; 2 May 2015, 21:46.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Red Dwarf comeback: Sci-Fi comedy classic returns for two more series on Dave in 2016 - Mirror Online

Two more series in 2016 and 2017

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Really enjoying it, a lot more laugh out loud moments than before.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    As has been said, I enjoyed it, much better return to form than BTE, quite a few good laugh out loud moments.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I thought it was quite good, and Red Dwarf was only ever quite good. So about as good as it ever was, and better already than the last comeback.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    re:swearing I think it was only funny because it was unexpected and used carefully. Caught totally off-guard.

The trailer for Ep2 looked decent, we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It wasn't wonderful but it was actually Red Dwarf unlike the last mini-series. - totally agree

- No mention of any story-arc suggests they don't plan a long-term return - hmm, not sure all the episodes had that sort of continuity, each of them can be watched in isolation
    - They did slip back into character quite well - first couple of minutes they were faltering a bit
    - Superb use of unexpected swearing - yeah being foul mouthed is funny isn't it??
    - Cat doesn't really look much older to me - he was wearing a serious hair piece & concealer
    - Kryten has mysteriously got fat - That'll be the pies

I'll give it a chance, 1st episode after so long and all. I'd much prefer they brought it back properly though, not for a 6-episode last hurrah. - I would imagine it will depend on ratings, they are doing James bond with the main characters in zimmer frames, I suspect if it comes back the crew will be hit with a 'youth ray' or similar
    In text
    Last edited by vetran; 5 October 2012, 08:15. Reason: smeg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X