• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: April Fool!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "April Fool!"

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Did the forum get so boring that the mods had to have a fake fight to generate interest?
    It would appear so.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Swinton Insurance emailed me a couple of days ago to say I could take out insurance against alien abductions.

Dear OwlHoot,

Every year, thousands of people claim to have close encounters with life-forms from a different galaxy. These experiences range from UFO sightings to the most serious type of alien encounter: intergalactic extraterrestrial abduction. The question is - if they are out there... how can you make sure you're protected?

In February, the Ministry of Defence released files detailing hundreds of UFO sightings across the UK. In response, Swinton have created Extra Terrestrial Encounters Protection.

This could give you the peace-of-mind of knowing you're covered for close encounters of any kind - from getting jelly legs when you spot a flying saucer to providing for your family in the event of alien abduction.
    I'm fully covered now. Well you can never be too careful.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I've got to say, an April fool where all the action take place not on April 1st seems a poor attempt. All the fun was the night before, would have been much better if someone had 'come back drunk from lunch' on the 1st.

Still, it was very fun being around as it happened.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Come back Toolpusher, Oracleslave, RC, scotspine, SupremeSpod, AtW etc etc!

5/10 for effort

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Hey Zippy, your sigs a bit out of date seeing as you are talking to one of them!
    I thought it was irony, but point taken!

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Hey Zippy, your sigs a bit out of date seeing as you are talking to one of them!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    That was because that I was enjoying myself so much that I'd forgotten...
    It's probably just as well you didn't tell me as I'd have buggered it up even more than I did

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    It's a nice soft Scots accent does it for me. Och aye.
    Ze French accaunt, for me...

<sigh>

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I was in the pub with Cojak last night and she didn't say a word about it. Good lass!
    That was because that I was enjoying myself so much that I'd forgotten...

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Please pm me. I've a business opportunity that will yield you a profit of 34.2%
    I've sent my sort code, account no etc. Are you Nigerian?

Leave a comment:

• Prickles
    replied
    Everybody in da house say "Woah!"

Everybody in da house say "Hey! Hey!"

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    You the only other person apart from Prickles or whatever his name is to use that one here.

You are Prickles and I claim my free bucket and spade

Prickles hearz, so Prickles iz here.

Chill, boardy man. De admin dood talks of da laydeez too. And ya don't diss da admin!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
    I enjoyed every minute last night, and believe it all.
    Please pm me. I've a business opportunity that will yield you a profit of 34.2%

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    I enjoyed every minute last night, and believe it all.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Happy anniversary! Also coming up for 20 years soon. Yikes.
    Snap! Will have been with Mrs SB 20 years on May 26th and married over 19 of them! Would have been freed quicker had I been a Great Train Robber!

Onky joking..........she is the only one that could have put up with my "robust digestion" and the side effects thereof.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Roll up roll up, laydeez and gennelmen. We have your finest isolated mod left holding the baby. Form an orderly queue
    You the only other person apart from Prickles or whatever his name is to use that one here.

You are Prickles and I claim my free bucket and spade

Leave a comment:

Working...
X