• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tate BBC Interview

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tate BBC Interview"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Thanks for the ban guys. We have seen all those who speak up and state the truth being attacked. Makes the honest amongst us rate and respect tate more. He went to jail and continues to fight. Happy I got the ban as it proves I'm on the right path. Feel free to permaban me, only shows the world the reality of the agenda that is taking hold of society. Really couldn't care less.
    aww bless his little cotton martyr complex.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Oh ok then. I'm very pleased to learn that I'm part of the deep state.
    Deep state you haven't stated why this apologist for an alleged human trafficker is banned.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Feel free to permaban me
    Oh ok then. I'm very pleased to learn that I'm part of the deep state.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Thanks for the ban guys. We have seen all those who speak up and state the truth being attacked. Makes the honest amongst us rate and respect tate more. He went to jail and continues to fight. Happy I got the ban as it proves I'm on the right path. Feel free to permaban me, only shows the world what a twat i am. Really couldn't care less.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Thanks for the ban guys. We have seen all those who speak up and state the truth being attacked. Makes the honest amongst us rate and respect tate more. He went to jail and continues to fight. Happy I got the ban as it proves I'm on the right path. Feel free to permaban me, only shows the world the reality of the agenda that is taking hold of society. Really couldn't care less.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

He's done this many times before on topics such as Israel and it went the same way. Wrong person and wrong platform to have that discussion that you rightly say should be had. Look at that last comment. There is no way of convincing someone that comes up with that rubbish they are wrong, especially on a random forum.

I think you are right on the whole but there are situations where it simply isn't going to happen so have to end the point somehow when it's gone beyond productive. I also see what you are saying about banning comments but free speech doesn't mean you can say anything you want everywhere. This is a moderated forum with rules and boundaries. Sometimes, as much as a topic needs discussion for the greater good of society, it doesn't mean it can be done here.

He took it too far and he's gone. I'm up for free speech, discussion and debate but it wasn't either of those so I've no problem with what happened.

Narks it cost me £50 quid because NAT's put his prices up but still money well spent.
    Fair points NLUK, and you have always been reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post

I don't know what he was banned for,
    Homophobic ranting. It's in the who's been banned and why thread. As with the Israel/Saudi conspiracy to produce ISIS, he did receive plenty of warning.

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

he's self winding.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post

I read his comment and he was spouting rubbish and that harms any kind of discussion around the subject. But he will just move to a forum somewhere that has the same view. It would have been better to engage and point out how extreme his view was. I think he might have got wound up, better outcome would have been that he admitted that.

Banning comments like that just pushes people to other groups that echo the same views.
    He's done this many times before on topics such as Israel and it went the same way. Wrong person and wrong platform to have that discussion that you rightly say should be had. Look at that last comment. There is no way of convincing someone that comes up with that rubbish they are wrong, especially on a random forum.

I think you are right on the whole but there are situations where it simply isn't going to happen so have to end the point somehow when it's gone beyond productive. I also see what you are saying about banning comments but free speech doesn't mean you can say anything you want everywhere. This is a moderated forum with rules and boundaries. Sometimes, as much as a topic needs discussion for the greater good of society, it doesn't mean it can be done here.

He took it too far and he's gone. I'm up for free speech, discussion and debate but it wasn't either of those so I've no problem with what happened.

Narks it cost me £50 quid because NAT's put his prices up but still money well spent.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

To be fair when he's spouting rubbish about kicking all LGBQT+ people out of the country so he can live in bigoted bliss I don't think I had much to do with his demise.
    I read his comment and he was spouting rubbish and that harms any kind of discussion around the subject. But he will just move to a forum somewhere that has the same view. It would have been better to engage and point out how extreme his view was. I think he might have got wound up, better outcome would have been that he admitted that.

Banning comments like that just pushes people to other groups that echo the same views.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Note to self - don't wind up northernladuk as he will get you himself banned.

To be fair when he's spouting rubbish about kicking all LGBQT+ people out of the country so he can live in bigoted bliss I don't think I had much to do with his demise.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Note to self - don't wind up northernladuk as he will get you banned.
    he's self winding.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Note to self - don't wind up northernladuk as he will get you banned.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Actually that isn't necessarily true, the action of mutilation is not a function of race, it is of culture. It is education and enforcement that is needed.

Until very recently white Europeans performed some truly horrifying things to each other as normal. Frequently based on religion.

https://www.thrillist.com/culture/th...ear-of-anguish
    Absolutely which is why I put race/culture. Was a very simplistic comment just to make a point about his bigoted post.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    If we want to get rid of genital multilation wouldn't we need to get rid of most races/cultures that aren't white as well?
    Actually that isn't necessarily true, the action of mutilation is not a function of race, it is of culture. It is education and enforcement that is needed.

Until very recently white Europeans performed some truly horrifying things to each other as normal. Frequently based on religion.

https://www.thrillist.com/culture/th...ear-of-anguish

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Nice to see the angry little bigot has been banned. He did spout some utter twaddle.

qh
    I don't know what he was banned for, lots of crap being posted and I'm generally trying to pick out the sane voices, but spouting twaddle should not be a bannable offense. At worst make a sub category for twaddle under the brexit forum and keep it all together.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X