• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hot sauce recommendations?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

So are you after heat, or flavour?

Given you have not mentioned the types of taste profile you enjoy it seems to me you are just willy waving, if so just go for the biggest number you can find
    Then you didn't read what I posted. Which part of
    I like Fuego Jalapeno Sauce Extra Hot. ~35,000 Scoville. You really only need a few drops. It adds a good wholesome flavour, as well as being spicy.
    did you fail to understand.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    ...willy waving...
    Speaking of which.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So we have:
    D000gh's Encona West Indian - 6,000 Scoville
    DealerNoDeal's home made - 50,000 - 100,000 Scoville

Can't find the rating for pipshotsauce.

I like Fuego Jalapeno Sauce Extra Hot. ~35,000 Scoville. You really only need a few drops. It adds a good wholesome flavour, as well as being spicy.

For the masochists, Hot-Headz Carolina Reaper Killer Hot Sauce is available, coming in at 1,500,000 Scoville. https://hot-headz.com/sauces/hot-chi...ler-hot-sauce/
    So are you after heat, or flavour?

Given you have not mentioned the types of taste profile you enjoy it seems to me you are just willy waving, if so just go for the biggest number you can find

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    Next door neighbour grows chillies and he gives us some now and then and a couple of years ago a bottle of his home made hot sauce made from Carolina Reaper It's so hot missus gets a drop on the handle end of a teaspoon and that's all that's required to make your chilli mince fire breathing dragon hot Before realising how hot they were I chopped one into a crab pasta and needed to strip off whilst eating and drink copious amounts to get it down, hottest chilli crab pasta ever I put the rest in a bottle with a litre of olive oil for home made chilli oil, using sparingly and just topping up the oil as I go along , it'll last for a long time

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    BTW, is it possible to be addicted to chillies? My missus reckons I am.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    I grow them from seed, in pots, on a south facing windowsill. I have had most success with a variety called Demon Red, which produces loads of small quite hot chillies.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I use to grow chillies but the UK weather wasn't hot enough to allow them to be hot enough. The only good thing is the local squirrels quickly learnt not to steal them.
    I get some fabulously evil chillies from my plants. I am too lazy to start from seed so buy small plants from the South Devon chilli company and they always produce a good crop.

Last summer did produce some extra special habaneros though.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I use to grow chillies but the UK weather wasn't hot enough to allow them to be hot enough. The only good thing is the local squirrels quickly learnt not to steal them.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I prefer scotch bonnets.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Which is why, after trying quite a few, I gave up looking.

Now I just buy a kilo of fresh red birds eye chillies off eBay and keep them in the freezer. They're thin enough that they can be sliced, or put in a blender/food processor, from frozen.
    As far as fresh chilies go, bird eye are my favourite to use in cooking... Properly hot but a nice flavour. I use them in my chili which is one of the few things I cook and am proud of

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Also depends how many chillies you use. There's a reason I order a kilo at a time.

For those who remember the Plaza Cafe in Manchester in the 1970s...
    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 6 May 2023, 18:01.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    BioHazard or Satan's tulip for me

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    So we have:
    D000gh's Encona West Indian - 6,000 Scoville

Can't find the rating for pipshotsauce.

For the masochists, Hot-Headz Carolina Reaper Killer Hot Sauce is available, coming in at 1,500,000 Scoville. https://hot-headz.com/sauces/hot-chi...ler-hot-sauce/

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    These are getting a decent reputation on the farmer's markets of Brum:

https://pipshotsauce.co.uk/
    https://pipshotsauce.co.uk/products/...pips-hot-sauce

30% peppers. I want nearer 100%, and very little of the other stuff.

Unfortunately, that probably wouldn't work as a bottled sauce.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    These are getting a decent reputation on the farmer's markets of Brum:

https://pipshotsauce.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X