• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Manky tax

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Manky tax"

Collapse

• NigelJK
    replied
    Actually, if you have to stay over why not make use of the excellent Trams to get into the City. Prices will be keener also. The Travel lodge at Parrs Wood is walking distance (5 mins) from the terminus.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I don't like you any more.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Apparently the city attracts millions of tourists ever year. Wrong side of 't pennines if you ask me. And wrong colour rose.
    Right side of pennines and they have a bee not a rose. It's slightly further north they have a rose.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Apparently the city attracts millions of tourists ever year. Wrong side of 't pennines if you ask me. And wrong colour rose.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I wanted tickets to P&T but I'm in Hawaii at the time
    Teller is getting old I suspect this could well be their final tour - which is why even though the seats are dire I grabbed them.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Man U supporters - we usually drive home even if the concert is in Liverpool.

think next time I’m in Manchester will be for the extra Penn & Teller date for which I got the absolute last tickets. It’s on a Sunday so we will need to drive home as I will have an 8am meeting on the Monday.
    I wanted tickets to P&T but I'm in Hawaii at the time

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...mes-into-force

who the feck would go to manchester as a tourist?
    Err, lots of people. In the last full year before Covid hit tourism, Manchester was the third most popular city for foreign visitors, only behind London and Edinburgh.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Edit - the one thing I remember about Manky is that it doesn’t have enough hotels at the moment anyway - so taxing them isn’t going to fix the issue

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Conference and concert goers who stay overnight from the UK and abroad perhaps?
    Man U supporters - we usually drive home even if the concert is in Liverpool.

think next time I’m in Manchester will be for the extra Penn & Teller date for which I got the absolute last tickets. It’s on a Sunday so we will need to drive home as I will have an 8am meeting on the Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    will they charge the ship canal people?
    FTFY - just to piss the scousers off...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    NLUK's accountant.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Conference and concert goers who stay overnight from the UK and abroad perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    will they charge the boat people?

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

Manchester United supporters?

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    started a topic Manky tax

Manky tax

Working...
X