• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tate Gallery

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tate Gallery"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    The UK wanted them jailed until extradition. The judge refused and let them out after holding them for 24 hours. Even the Romanians have figured out these are tulipe charges. They will be extradited when cleared of the fake charges in romania but wont have to sit in jail until then.
    Keep telling yourself that, sweetheart.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    The UK wanted them jailed until extradition. The judge refused and let them out after holding them for 24 hours. Even the Romanians have figured out these are tulipe charges. They will be extradited when cleared of the fake charges in romania but wont have to sit in jail until then.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 13 March 2024, 11:27.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Sexual aggression is catch-all term encompassing rape and coercion.

My guess is that Tate's representative uses to term rather than "rape", in an attempt to rile up Tate's followers so they say dumb things like "that isn't a crime". But I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by hobnob View Post

To be fair, that's a valid question - based on a quick Google search, I can't find anything which mentions that being a crime in UK law.

Looking at the Guardian:

Andrew Tate and brother Tristan arrested in Romania on UK warrant | UK news | The Guardian

I.e. that's something that Tate is claiming, not what the police have said.

According to the BBC:

Andrew Tate and brother Tristan can be extradited to UK, Romanian court rules - BBC News

So, good news! "They" haven't made up new crimes, and you should be sceptical about the person who used that phrase.
    According to Bedfordshire Police, who have applied for the European Arrest Warrant, the Tate brothers are wanted for rape and human trafficking. Which is very much against the law.
    Couldn't happen to a nicer pair of twunts.

Leave a comment:

• hobnob
    replied
    What the hell is 'sexual aggression'...
    To be fair, that's a valid question - based on a quick Google search, I can't find anything which mentions that being a crime in UK law.

Looking at the Guardian:
    The social media influencer, 37, and his brother Tristan Tate, 35, face charges including “sexual aggression” dating to 2012-15, according to a statement by his representative.
    Andrew Tate and brother Tristan arrested in Romania on UK warrant | UK news | The Guardian

I.e. that's something that Tate is claiming, not what the police have said.

According to the BBC:
    Before the extradition was granted by the Court of Appeal in Bucharest, Bedfordshire Police confirmed it had obtained the arrest warrant for two men in their 30s as part of an investigation into allegations of rape and human trafficking.
    Andrew Tate and brother Tristan can be extradited to UK, Romanian court rules - BBC News

So, good news! "They" haven't made up new crimes, and you should be sceptical about the person who used that phrase.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Of course, they're "going after them" using laws. Not enforcing the law. That's how conspiracies work.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Do you understand what aggression is?

Has anyone ever told you about sexual activities?
    I meant we have 'rape', 'sexual assault', 'sexual harassment' as crimes already. Why arent they enough, why do we need another one? Makes it sounds like raising your voice during sex is now a major crime that can get you extradited from another country.

"A decision was made in 2019 by the Crown Prosecution Service not to take a case against Tate over allegations of sexual violence and physical abuse following a four-year investigation by Hertfordshire Constabulary"

Seems like they have made up a new crime of sexual aggression in the five years since 2019, and are using that to go after them now.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 12 March 2024, 15:56.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Do you understand what aggression is?

Has anyone ever told you about sexual activities?

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Controversial brothers Andrew and Tristan Tate have been arrested in Romania and are now facing extradition to back to Britain after they were issued with a UK arrest warrant for alleged 'sexual aggression'.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    I had no idea the Romanian state has the power to decide that a person in the UK must be alone at Christmas. I wonder how they enforce this?
    I'm sure the Tate Brothers could organise a few of their fanboyz to go round and keep her company.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Writing on X, Andrew said: "The Romanian state decided she must be alone at Christmas, if she is alive."
    I had no idea the Romanian state has the power to decide that a person in the UK must be alone at Christmas. I wonder how they enforce this?

Or is it possible that Mr. Tate is lying?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    BBC News - Andrew Tate denied request to visit ill mother in UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67805807

A request by Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan to visit their mother in the UK after she suffered a heart attack has been denied by a Romanian court.

Writing on X, Andrew said: "The Romanian state decided she must be alone at Christmas, if she is alive."

The Tate brothers currently face rape and human trafficking charges which they both deny.

They are both currently unable to leave Romania.

The hearing was held behind closed doors, and the judge is expected to outline his motivation in the coming days.

The brothers were granted the liberty to move within Romania following a period spent under house arrest, but international travel has remained off-limits.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    For some reason I reminded of...

[Sergeant] Detritus was particularly good when it came to asking questions. He had three basic ones. They were the direct (“Did you do it?”), the persistent (“Are you sure it wasn’t you that done it?”), and the subtle (“It was you what done it, wasn’t it?”). Although they were not the most cunning questions ever devised, Detritus’ talent was to go on patiently asking them for hours on end, until he got the right answer, which was generally something like, “Yes! Yes! I did it! I did it! Now please tell me what it was I did!”

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Sure. Of course they did. Fabricating evidence against themselves. Smart move.
    I assume the Smart Move at the end is sarcarstic? It does appear to be a pretty smart move on the face of it. If the prosecutors use this and they can evidence it's made up calls in to question a ton of anecdotal evidence against them so going to be difficult to make anything else they said stick. I'm sure conversations between themselves only makes up part of the prosecution but if the can disprove some of the evidence it will go a long way to arguing the rest is just hearsay and conjecture. Relying on this kind of evidence is sketchy at the best of times though to be fair. Just because they said it doesn't mean it happened.
    I'm all for these two getting what's coming to them if they have done the charges say but I'm still for justice and don't think a witch hunt and trying to find someone guilty based on conversations, however unagreeable, is the way to go.

That said the court is in Romania and I hardly think they are going to play it as straight as they would in the UK, US etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

. Elsewhere I was on a thread where posters were wanting to close their bank account because the bank was interrogating them about sending money to relatives. It was pointed out a few times that there are various scams going around where supposed relatives ask you for large sums of money and the bank staff are just checking you haven't taken foul to one.
    Well rather than trying to guess what is a scam maybe they should change the ability to send money abroad to none pre vetted accounts? Its high risk hence the Knights Templar and Western Union.

Every bank account in the UK should be properly linked to an individual. So scams most likely destination is abroad.

Each scam must have a shape with identifiable traits.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X