• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Speaking of being old and out of touch..."

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

I can imagine that is the exact look on most women's faces when you try to woo them!
    Not all of them .... some are peacefully asleep thanks to rohypnol

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

It's one technique I employ to get the girls screaming!
    I can imagine that is the exact look on most women's faces when you try to woo them!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Some kind, yes. (Giorgio platform)
    In the same way that the Audi TT is the same as a Skoda Octavia (MQB platform)
    Obviously taste is personal, but looked at all vehicles on that platform and I wouldn't touch any. I'm sure they're great cars for you, but I'll keep my hairdresser car thanks.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I think it's a FIAT SUV of some kind.
    Some kind, yes. (Giorgio platform)
    In the same way that the Audi TT is the same as a Skoda Octavia (MQB platform)

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

You never did tell the rest of the class what car you have.
    I think it's a FIAT SUV of some kind. Probably spends most of it's time in the repair shop.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

I choose a car that could drive over yours, can drive past yours without even going near 8th gear, looks better and handles better. Why would I choose something slow, low and tiny, when I can have something better and more fun?
    You never did tell the rest of the class what car you have.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Choice being the operative word .... being young, fit and flexible, I can choose a low car. You oldies, you need something more fitting for your arthritic bodies
    I choose a car that could drive over yours, can drive past yours without even going near 8th gear, looks better and handles better. Why would I choose something slow, low and tiny, when I can have something better and more fun?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Is'nt that one of your dating techniques?

Click image for larger version

Name:	0x0.jpg?crop=2388,1343,x182,y245,safe&height=399&width=711&fit=bounds.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	4245419
    It's one technique I employ to get the girls screaming!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

I stop you from shining by casting shade on you and your car choice.
    Choice being the operative word .... being young, fit and flexible, I can choose a low car. You oldies, you need something more fitting for your arthritic bodies

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

You boomers are holding us youth back. You stop us from shining.
    Is'nt that one of your dating techniques?

Click image for larger version

Name:	0x0.jpg?crop=2388,1343,x182,y245,safe&height=399&width=711&fit=bounds.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	4245419

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

I stop you from shining by casting shade on you and your car choice.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

The only way you’ll shine is if you polish your head.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They are right though. THere are exceptions but as a generalisation it's fairly accurate - the main difference is whether you realise it's happening or think you're still young and cool while the younglings are laughing at you.
    Which reminds me...

“People used to laugh at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well they're not laughing now.” Bob Monkhouse.

Eric Sykes got hearing aids "I didn’t hear a laugh for 25 years… then I got these and I realized I hadn’t been getting any!"

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

I'm still cool and relevant.... youbokd buggers need to move over, it's our time now to shine.
    The only way you’ll shine is if you polish your head.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

They are right though. THere are exceptions but as a generalisation it's fairly accurate - the main difference is whether you realise it's happening or think you're still young and cool while the younglings are laughing at you.
    I'm still cool and relevant.... youbokd buggers need to move over, it's our time now to shine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X