• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory Scum DOOM: British business"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

As he rightly says, he only comments on threads to add his input which generally fall into 3 categories:
    Or he's taking the micky out of your various portentous warnings of imminent disaster?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I find it interesting which threads he comments on.
    As he rightly says, he only comments on threads to add his input which generally fall into 3 categories:

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    either wilfully misleading, ignore reality or are simply wrong.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by dsc View Post

Where's the projected growth data?
    scope creep not my problem you have a look.

Leave a comment:

• dsc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Where's the projected growth data?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

No, definitely not that.

Did you miss the bit about the EU member countries electing their representatives?
    Yes, I did, because they elect their MEPs, not the people who actually run the EU system. And you also need to distinguish between a Federated Union, which the EU isn't (much as the bureaucrats want it to be) and a group of countries agreeing to operate a common set of rules, mainly about trade and movement of people, which it is. The EU is also not the USA, with a federal government governing over the top of 50 independent states who can set their own rules within the overall federal constitution.

Seriously, if you can't get the geopolitics right, perhaps best not to argue about them.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Or, of course, I'm smart enough to appreciate the difference between the unelected Brussels pantomime bureaucracy and 29 separate countries...
    No, definitely not that.

Did you miss the bit about the EU member countries electing their representatives?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Love this ...... always refer to the EU as a single entity ... until it suits them not to
    Or, of course, I'm smart enough to appreciate the difference between the unelected Brussels pantomime bureaucracy and 29 separate countries...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

They'll be the ones that are either wilfully misleading, ignore reality or are simply wrong. Which gives plenty of scope it had to be said.

For example comparing one country to a random group of countries with wildly divergent numbers is an exercise in futility. Unless you believe the EU is a single entity of course.

Love this ...... always refer to the EU as a single entity ... until it suits them not to

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

He just grasps for numbers. Any numbers that are lower/higher than the figure he's disputing. He doesn't actually understand what the numbers mean.
    When the figures are in your favour you quote Germany individually as an EU powerhouse that the UK can't hope to match. When they aren't you quote the EU overall. So by my understanding your definition of wrong is "when it doesn't support NAT & WTFH's bulltulip"

HTH BIDI

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

They'll be the ones that are either wilfully misleading, ignore reality or are simply wrong. Which gives plenty of scope it had to be said.

For example comparing one country to a random group of countries with wildly divergent numbers is an exercise in futility. Unless you believe the EU is a single entity of course.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

He just grasps for numbers. Any numbers that are lower/higher than the figure he's disputing. He doesn't actually understand what the numbers mean.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

The question was relating to the EU. Not in individual independent countries within it who have their own budgets, their own inflation, their own freedoms.

...but you knew that.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

The question was relating to the EU. Not in individual independent countries within it who have their own budgets, their own inflation, their own freedoms.

...but you knew that.
    the whiff of desperation is strong in this one!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I wonder if the EU's rate as a total of all members is below the UK's, given it will include the economic powerhouses such as Belgium, Lichtenstein and assorted eastern and Baltic Europeans...

Oh look - it's 10.9%, with France at 6.2% and Estonia at 24.1%. There are ten lower than us, the other 17 are equal or higher. Oddly enough, Germany and Austria are at the same level as the EU as a whole.

...but you knew that.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    I wonder if the EU's rate as a total of all members is below the UK's, given it will include the economic powerhouses such as Belgium, Lichtenstein and assorted eastern and Baltic Europeans...

Oh look - it's 10.9%, with France at 6.2% and Estonia at 24.1%. There are ten lower than us, the other 17 are equal or higher. Oddly enough, Germany and Austria are at the same level as the EU as a whole.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X