• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The End Game

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The End Game"

Collapse

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So you want other nations to send their armed forces to separate R/U? Putin has basically said anyone who does that will get nuked and that's not a bluff anyone is keen on calling.
    neah, I think there can be more creative ways to de-escalate the situation but with current crumbling economy and other things war is the perfect scapegoat.
    so the west and US might actually pursue it.

Alternative is people realising the tyrants that is ruling them and refusing to engage in work etc. - billionaires are not planning to give up their status or start going to work. You can be sure of that.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    I personally see no effort to de-escalate the situation by NATO.
    if two people start a fight you don’t give one knuckles and say he is the good guy. You jump between them even if you risk a punch.
    So you want other nations to send their armed forces to separate R/U? Putin has basically said anyone who does that will get nuked and that's not a bluff anyone is keen on calling.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    (not just those 32 countries)
    Had to re-read that, I thought you said 32 counties. We don't need another war there.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Problem is the weather. Chernobyl showed that.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    I personally see no effort to de-escalate the situation by NATO.
    if two people start a fight you don’t give one knuckles and say he is the good guy. You jump between them even if you risk a punch.

also how mainstream media are beating the war drums…

and othe reasons in the background that i do think it is healthy to get into…

nuclear war and at least a city being whipped up by nukes is a likely scenario.

they couldn’t have made this tulip better:

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Against whom? Take your time thinking it through...
    What is there to think about?
    The war would be between Nato members and Russia (and Belarus).
    And if it goes thermo nuclear, then a nuclear winter would follow killing billions all around the entire world (not just those 32 countries)

https://weather.com/en-IN/india/news...-kill-billions
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 2 March 2022, 23:03.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

WW3
    Against whom? Take your time thinking it through...

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I think we need to get AtW's thoughts on this debacle, if anyone knows what bed he is currently hiding under.

I think he would go with Option 3, Ukraine wins!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Emhm49JW8AMCnFe.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	4207417

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I think we need to get AtW's thoughts on this debacle, if anyone knows what bed he is currently hiding under.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Putin wants an empire, he thinks he's the reincarnation of "Peter the Great". Russia joining NATO wouldn't quench his lust for power and it would seriously piss off China.
    When is Prussia going to regain the lands of Pomerania? that's what is keeping me up at night now.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied

.. and it would seriously piss off China.
    Send China an invite too!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Putin wants an empire, he thinks he's the reincarnation of "Peter the Great". Russia joining NATO wouldn't quench his lust for power and it would seriously piss off China.
    OTOH, if it came to a choice of which to have on your side, I know which I'd choose, and it wouldn't be China!

Luckily, China's foreign policy skills are almost as cack-handed as the Yanks, which is saying something, and they'll end up rubbing everyone up the wrong way and shooting themselves in the foot before too long!

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Indeed.

How about this for an idea, not 100% tongue in cheek: Could Russia join NATO?

We could spin it to them with the same reasoning that remainers say the UK should remain in the EU - that we can reform it (to our benefit). That Russia could reform NATO to become a form of inclusive alliance with a lesser focus on defence. Oh I don't know what I'm talking about lol.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Indeed.

How about this for an idea, not 100% tongue in cheek: Could Russia join NATO?

We could spin it to them with the same reasoning that remainers say the UK should remain in the EU - that we can reform it (to our benefit). That Russia could reform NATO to become a form of inclusive alliance with a lesser focus on defence. Oh I don't know what I'm talking about lol.
    Believe it or not, the idea of Russia joining NATO has been discussed occasionally in the past: Russia–NATO relations

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Just because that's a possibility it shouldn't prevent us from doing what is right! Putin needs to be stopped and that will take more than Ukraine alone.
    A full worldwide nuclear war would be worse than any amount shenanigans Putin might pursue. Glad I don't have to make a decision like this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X