• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OK you don't like cats.."

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    And now the cats have been "rescued" by the RSPCA.

I hope they aren't old...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ution-west-ham

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Interesting match report

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/09/kurt-...sion-16073983/

West Ham boss David Moyes stood by his decision to pick Kurt Zouma for the win over Watford despite the public backlash over his cat-kicking shame.

The France international was named in the starting line-up despite a police enquiry into a video showing him dropping, kicking and slapping his pet cat, and despite the club insisting that it ‘unreservedly condemns the actions of our player’.

And Zouma got a first taste of the outcry as his every touch was relentlessly booed by the Watford supporters. The away fans chanted, among other things, ‘RSPCA, RSPCA’, and when the defender hit the deck after a challenge with Joshua King, they sang ‘that’s how your cat felt’.

Former West Ham players Joe Cole and James Collins, at the match working as pundits, felt the club had made a mistake in refusing to drop the 27-year-old.

Cole told BT Sport ‘I think it’s a miscalculation by the club. He could have sat this one out,’ while Collins said on BBC Radio 5 Live: ‘I think there is a lot of anger and rightly so. I personally don’t think it is the right call.’

But Moyes said: ‘I’m really disappointed, and the club have taken all the action they can do at the moment behind the scenes. My job is to pick the best team and Kurt was part of that.

‘I’m a big animal lover and it’s something that will have affected a lot of people. I was completely disappointed with what I saw and what I was told, but my job was to try and find a way to get a win for West Ham. Some people will be disappointed and I understand that.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Funny coincidence, brought a book called "A Street Cat Named Bob" today and saw my neighbour Bob sitting in his front garden cuddling his cat when I got home.
    As long as that's all he's doing...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Funny coincidence, brought a book called "A Street Cat Named Bob" today and saw my neighbour Bob sitting in his front garden cuddling his cat when I got home.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

You are Jimmy Carr and I want my £5.00
    Now, Now!

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    West Ham fans have a new song to sing at games its called. "I'm forever booting Tiddles"!

No need to rush to thank me. I am around all week!
    You are Jimmy Carr and I want my £5.00

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    West Ham fans have a new song to sing at games its called. "I'm forever booting Tiddles"!

No need to rush to thank me. I am around all week!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I'd lock the guy in a cage with a tiger. Let's see how he gets on kicking cats then!

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    He lives in a £2m mansion and has to kick his own cat, can't he hire people to do it for him? What a cheapskate!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm sure the child being thrown into the foster system will do them the world of good.

Well if we ran the foster system properly it probably would. Currently its a finishing school for county lines.

Do you think Zouma makes a good role model for the kid?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    shouldn't be able to keep the cat or the kid.

Very unpleasant.
    I'm sure the child being thrown into the foster system will do them the world of good.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why is it worse to torture an expensive cat?
    Buying a cat is means you are a worse human being than someone who gets a cat from a shelter. So torture, plus buying cat = very bad person indeed.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

There is a very strong correlation with cruelty to animals and with people
    Sadly true. Anyone who teaches kids to hurt animals is damaging them.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Very unpleasant.
    There is a very strong correlation with cruelty to animals and with people

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Very unpleasant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X