• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK you don't like cats..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK you don't like cats..

..then don't get one, particularly an expensive one, to torture it.

https://news.sky.com/story/west-ham-...otage-12535884

West Ham footballer Kurt Zouma has said he is "deeply sorry" after disturbing footage showed him kicking his cat like a football across his kitchen floor.

The Premier League star, 27, is also seen slapping his pet in the face in the video obtained by The Sun.

His brother Yoan is believed to have filmed the incident inside the defender's £2m mansion before posting it to Snapchat on Sunday afternoon, just a day after Zouma appeared for West Ham in the FA Cup.

The French international is filmed in his kitchen picking up the cat before dropping it and booting it into the air across the kitchen.

He is also seen chasing the Bengal cat around his dining room in front of a child while the cameraman is heard laughing.

The £30m former Chelsea player is then filmed throwing a pair of shoes at the animal as it tries to escape.

'I'm deeply sorry'

Zouma has since issued an apology for the attack and insisted it was an isolated incident.

In a statement sent to Sky News, he said: "I want to apologise for my actions. There are no excuses for my behaviour, which I sincerely regret.

"I also want to say how deeply sorry I am to anyone who was upset by the video. I would like to assure everyone that our two cats are perfectly fine and healthy.

"They are loved and cherished by our entire family, and this behaviour was an isolated incident that will not happen again."

'A very upsetting video'

A statement from West Ham United said: "West Ham United unreservedly condemns the actions of our player, Kurt Zouma, in the video that has circulated.

"We have spoken to Kurt and will be dealing with the matter internally, but we would like to make it clear that we in no way condone cruelty towards animals."

Ironically, the footballer proudly promotes in his Instagram bio that he is an ambassador for the French charity Seed, which has raised money for an animal shelter for big cats.

An RSPCA spokesperson said: "This is a very upsetting video. It's never acceptable to kick, hit or slap an animal, for punishment or otherwise.

"We are so grateful to people who report suspected animal suffering to us and we would like to reassure people we will always look into and, if necessary, investigate any complaints made to us about animal welfare."

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Why is it worse to torture an expensive cat?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

shouldn't be able to keep the cat or the kid.

Very unpleasant.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Very unpleasant.
        There is a very strong correlation with cruelty to animals and with people
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

There is a very strong correlation with cruelty to animals and with people
          Sadly true. Anyone who teaches kids to hurt animals is damaging them.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Why is it worse to torture an expensive cat?
            Buying a cat is means you are a worse human being than someone who gets a cat from a shelter. So torture, plus buying cat = very bad person indeed.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Very unpleasant.
              I'm sure the child being thrown into the foster system will do them the world of good.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I'm sure the child being thrown into the foster system will do them the world of good.

Well if we ran the foster system properly it probably would. Currently its a finishing school for county lines.

Do you think Zouma makes a good role model for the kid?

Comment

He lives in a £2m mansion and has to kick his own cat, can't he hire people to do it for him? What a cheapskate!
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I'd lock the guy in a cage with a tiger. Let's see how he gets on kicking cats then!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X