• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Appropriate Drinks?"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post

How many meetings involve food and alcohol with the Boss's wife and child invited?
    Or as SueEllen calls it, 'Breakfast with Benefits'...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Is DC strongly anti-lockdown, except in his own case? But we see Frost going due to these reasons too, convenient timing. There's quite a large Tory contingent who thing now is the time to be dropping all restrictions, just as the scientists suggest the exact opposite.
    As not all of them are young and healthy they clearly don't know private hospitals don't have HTU/ICU beds......

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

A DC and his allies?

Johnson was his puppet and then his puppet became a real boy.....
    Is DC strongly anti-lockdown, except in his own case? But we see Frost going due to these reasons too, convenient timing. There's quite a large Tory contingent who thing now is the time to be dropping all restrictions, just as the scientists suggest the exact opposite.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Not having phones present is weird whether it's a meeting or a social TBH!

I'll say again though, who do you think is behind this, all these pictures and revelations just happening to all come to light at the same time even though they span over half a year? What is their agenda, what are they trying to make you think?
    If you don't realise you're being manipulated, they're doing a good job. Reminds me of the James Bond film though I forget which, where the guy was controlling the world news.

My half-joking thought is this could be driven by anti-lockdown elements, trying to discredit any message that encourages people to follow restrictions and guidance. We know there are a lot of them in powerful positions, and where do we think all these photos originated if not from within #10?

Should I get my tin-foil out, or is this reasonable?
    A DC and his allies?

Johnson was his puppet and then his puppet became a real boy.....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

I'll say again though, who do you think is behind this, all these pictures and revelations just happening to all come to light at the same time even though they span over half a year? What is their agenda, what are they trying to make you think?
    If you don't realise you're being manipulated, they're doing a good job. Reminds me of the James Bond film though I forget which, where the guy was controlling the world news.

My half-joking thought is this could be driven by anti-lockdown elements, trying to discredit any message that encourages people to follow restrictions and guidance. We know there are a lot of them in powerful positions, and where do we think all these photos originated if not from within #10?

Dominic Cum-stains is almost certainly the leak.

Imagine a government that arrogant?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Rabb said it was a work meeting.

It is either a work meeting or a private gathering. Which is it?

Either way they broke Covid regulations at the time on either the distance between the people or the number of people there.
    If it was a WORK meeting, then why are there no laptops, phones, notepads, whiteboards, or any other ways for recording work?
    If he had not used the word WORK and said it was just a meeting (as per the previous poster), then it's a SOCIAL meeting.
    ...but we need to remember that the BBC are to blame for this. The BBC must not report on anything truthful that makes Boris & his den of thieves look bad - even if every other source does.
    Clearly manipulated images, because they put Boris & co in a bad light. No way could they be true.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Loads of meetings involve food and drink. When it's also his private garden, why wouldn't his wife be there... I don't know the child had much choice given they were very young.

You were allowed to see people in your private garden then anyway. People really should realise they're being manipulated by the media towards a certain outcome by all this, though I'm not clear if the media are driving this or are themselves being manipulated.
    Rabb said it was a work meeting.

It is either a work meeting or a private gathering. Which is it?

Either way they broke Covid regulations at the time on either the distance between the people or the number of people there.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

How many meetings involve food and alcohol with the Boss's wife and child invited?
    Loads of meetings involve food and drink. When it's also his private garden, why wouldn't his wife be there... I don't know the child had much choice given they were very young.

You were allowed to see people in your private garden then anyway. People really should realise they're being manipulated by the media towards a certain outcome by all this, though I'm not clear if the media are driving this or are themselves being manipulated.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

That sounds like any contractor meeting to me

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Again, it doesn't look like a party to me. A handful of people sitting safely outside in small groups in their private workplace. I don't see Matt Hancock playing Twister.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

I don't see Matt Hancock playing Twister.
    He prefers bury the sausage apparently!

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied

Thank you for lowering the tone!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Again, it doesn't look like a party to me. A handful of people sitting safely outside in small groups in their private workplace.
    From the article -
    The rules in the first lockdown were not very specific about workplaces, in part as so few offices were open. But they did say that in-person meetings should take place only if “absolutely necessary”, and that if that was the case, a 2-metre distance should be kept at all times.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

I like copying our political leaders.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...lockdown-rules

Though I think Larry the Cat has the right idea.....
    Again, it doesn't look like a party to me. A handful of people sitting safely outside in small groups in their private workplace. I don't see Matt Hancock playing Twister.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X