• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "[official!] Christmas List 2021"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    and it never wobbled before that!
    No, she commented that it was very stiff and firm

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

.... maybe have a chat with your missus, I believe she now has a few more ideas of what the table can be used for
    and it never wobbled before that!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Is that all you do on your kitchen table, stand on it and presumably eat off it ..... maybe have a chat with your missus, I believe she now has a few more ideas of what the table can be used for
    No not on the kitchen table its too small for that sort of shenanigans its also got sharp edges. We use the big hallway table for getting jiggy, much less cramped than the back of the Jag or Bentley. Or the desk in my home office but that makes me late back for lunch.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

well if you stopped standing on it the wobble wouldn't exist!
    Is that all you do on your kitchen table, stand on it and presumably eat off it ..... maybe have a chat with your missus, I believe she now has a few more ideas of what the table can be used for

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Ah yes, the "trudging to the loo in the dark" slippers. One can also buy phosphorescent loo covers, to help one's aim in the dark!

(The obvious solution of turning on lights may not be acceptable if you share a bedroom or don't want to be fully woken by a bright light)
    or just have red led lights as an option.

Finding the remote is easy I fitted it to the wall. Or use Alexa.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Our American friends just buy night-vision. Well they buy it for "home protection" but if you had it you might as well use it for toilet trips!

Costs a fortune though.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    I once saw a pair of slippers with headlights on them in an innovations catalogue and have regretted not buying them ever since
    Ah yes, the "trudging to the loo in the dark" slippers. One can also buy phosphorescent loo covers, to help one's aim in the dark!

(The obvious solution of turning on lights may not be acceptable if you share a bedroom or don't want to be fully woken by a bright light)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    I once saw a pair of slippers with headlights on them in an innovations catalogue and have regretted not buying them ever since
    Is this an evolution of shoes with mirrored toes?

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied

Fill yer boots

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Talking of secret Santa, and taking this thread even further off topic, a very good friend of mine does a different spin on SS by getting people to spend £30 on a gift for a child in a children's home. It started out with a couple of orphanages in Lithuania and has grown to include a couple in the UK too.

Last I knew she was still looking for Santas to pick up the last few kiddies

https://www.linkedin.com/embed/feed/...40952424058880
    That's cool. Our church has been a local hub for one of the shoebox appeals (ours run through https://shoeboxonline.samaritans-purse.org.uk/) slightly different take on a similar idea.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Imagine if we set up CUK secret Santa?!
    Talking of secret Santa, and taking this thread even further off topic, a very good friend of mine does a different spin on SS by getting people to spend £30 on a gift for a child in a children's home. It started out with a couple of orphanages in Lithuania and has grown to include a couple in the UK too.

Last I knew she was still looking for Santas to pick up the last few kiddies

https://www.linkedin.com/embed/feed/...40952424058880

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You could tear a few pages out and fix the wobble on your kitchen table. It's really annoying and makes a lot of noise at night.
    well if you stopped standing on it the wobble wouldn't exist!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I have a spare copy of the 15th Edition of the Diffords Guide if anyone wants it? I bought two, received three, the site owner said to keep it!
    https://www.diffordsguide.com/books/...teenth-edition

It's still all sealed up and brand new.

I know that's not the purpose of this thread but it made me think I ought to do something with it.
    You could tear a few pages out and fix the wobble on your kitchen table. It's really annoying and makes a lot of noise at night.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I know that's not the purpose of this thread but it made me think I ought to do something with it.
    Imagine if we set up CUK secret Santa?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X