• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What kind of Tory are you?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The kind of tory who wouldn't piss on the present cabinet if they were on fire.
    So a pretty typical Tory then?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    The kind of tory who wouldn't piss on the present cabinet if they were on fire.

Whilst hoping fervently that Bozo Bunter the fat owl of the remove comes to a satisfyingly grim end.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post

and your constant pish about how wonderful you are, and your imaginary love life adds value?
    piss off you twat!
    Not getting any off the wife? Can't think why, you seem like such a fun, happy, jolly little fat fella

I see you more as a Greggs Tory .... which certainly answers one often asked question

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    No, your momma did.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Tell me how you chose your parents.
    The court appointed them?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

You'll have to try and explain that better. Bit of a non sequitur. Why would my parents explain Scooby's bias?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Probably your bias.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

no you only get government subsidy for one child, in this crowded world that makes a lot of sense. Do you want to pay to encourage further over population?

I was talking about the current individual who is Labour's deputy.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm not sure exactly when it was, but some of the mine owners were responsible for encouraging positive reforms - the idea of a mine worker (voluntarily) spending 3 hours a night at school after a 12 hour shift is pretty amazing but it did happen. A lot of people got out of those jobs.
    indeed there are some people who are with the program. some aren't, 1.6 million on furlough and no retraining.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

They are only allowed to have one child though so that cuts the numbers down.
    no you only get government subsidy for one child, in this crowded world that makes a lot of sense. Do you want to pay to encourage further over population?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

I don't know why, but comments like this always make me see an ignorance for the fact that LUCK has a lot to do with life.
    Probably your bias.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    and i guess that makes me a derogaTory for slagging the masturbaTory off.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You certainly add no value on here, that's for sure
    and your constant pish about how wonderful you are, and your imaginary love life adds value?
    piss off you twat!

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    There was a quote that exemplified my understanding of traditional conservatives. Sorry I cant remember the source.

"Those that subsidise ignorance and poverty get more of both"

The Conservatives want to fix it by encouraging people out of poverty Labour want to subsidise it.

Hard work and attitude goes a long way to getting people out of poverty. Plenty of hard working miners with no jobs, but their peers got on their bike and worked round the world. Pretty sure most of them didn't have a silver spoon, my Yorkshire manager 25 years ago never claimed to be a duke!
    I don't know why, but comments like this always make me see an ignorance for the fact that LUCK has a lot to do with life. Where you are born, who to and with what health conditions. hard work and attitude can go a long way - but not necessarily enough in a lot of situations.

I see it as a deep rooted belief that everyone's born with equal opportunity and if people fail or cannot succeed, its down to a lack of effort.

Nearly 18% of universal credit recipients, that some love so much to demonise, are disabled and totally unable to work. 14.1 million people living with a disability in this country, 4.4 are in work, 8 are totally unable to - and the juries out on the other.

Now you try "working hard" when under Universal credit on those terms - and see how far it gets you. That's just 1 example , children in abusive households are very common.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Hard work and attitude goes a long way to getting people out of poverty. Plenty of hard working miners with no jobs, but their peers got on their bike and worked round the world. Pretty sure most of them didn't have a silver spoon, my Yorkshire manager 25 years ago never claimed to be a duke!
    I'm not sure exactly when it was, but some of the mine owners were responsible for encouraging positive reforms - the idea of a mine worker (voluntarily) spending 3 hours a night at school after a 12 hour shift is pretty amazing but it did happen. A lot of people got out of those jobs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X