• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OK what does a self love coach do?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I think this sort of story comes about because people don't realise that putting stuff on social media means EVERYONE can see it. There's ways to limit who sees your posts but it only takes one of your followers/contacts to share publicly for it to get out.

Thinking no-one will see your drunken 4am rants on [insert platform of choice] because you've only got 6 followers is completely deluded.

I suspect this person didn't see it as washing their dirty laundry in public but more a way to try and shame their ex. If someone did that to me, I'd be suing them for some form of privacy breach
    sad isn't it!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I think this sort of story comes about because people don't realise that putting stuff on social media means EVERYONE can see it. There's ways to limit who sees your posts but it only takes one of your followers/contacts to share publicly for it to get out.

Thinking no-one will see your drunken 4am rants on [insert platform of choice] because you've only got 6 followers is completely deluded.

I suspect this person didn't see it as washing their dirty laundry in public but more a way to try and shame their ex. If someone did that to me, I'd be suing them for some form of privacy breach

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_the conspiracy theorist View Post
    I am completely unable to believe that people are this stupid to wash their dirty laundry in public I choose to believe national newspapers make it up -

Most of these "stories" in the Mail are fabricated nonsense for clicks. None of this stuff actually happens, a team of Mail writers work with a team of social media goons to create this crap for low intelligent types to copy onto Facebook, Twitter and this pathetic forum.
    Oddly the original video is here

https://www.tiktok.com/@cupoflove7/v...from_webapp=v1

the Mail & Sun have obviously made this up together or they just watch the most popular videos on most platforms to see what the stupidest of the millions of people on the planet have uploaded, its cheap news.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fab...band-had-left/

I just loved the phrase "self love coach" for obvious reasons.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Most of these "stories" in the Mail are fabricated nonsense for clicks. None of this stuff actually happens, a team of Mail writers work with a team of social media goons to create this crap for low intelligent types to copy onto Facebook, Twitter and this pathetic forum.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Age 34, husband of 18 years?

Leave a comment:

• lorakeen
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post

ftfy
    why? London cardboard boxes aren't that big of a deal

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    owning a + £1M house.

I've counted my privileges, and concluded I'm a boastful, pompous tosser.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No. That's just you, because you're very very sad.

I feel no guilt whatsoever donating or not donating to any charity or "charity".
    I've never had guilt about my body appearance ever. Much to the despair of my wife.
    Now I'm older I don't feel the least bit of guilt about being wealthy and owning a + £1M house.

I've counted my privileges, and concluded I'm amazing.
    I wasn't referring to you or anyone. Apologies if it sounded that way. Likely caused by my non-native tongue. Was alluding to a probable pattern, that's all.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Good morning d000hg this is General - have you two met?
    There's normally some sort of tangential link.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    - Rich people are made to feel guilty if they don't donate to (so called) charities.
    - Younger generation are made to feel guilty if their body don't appear certain way.
    - Older generation are made to feel guilty if they haven't accumulated wealth
    No. That's just you, because you're very very sad.

I feel no guilt whatsoever donating or not donating to any charity or "charity".
    I've never had guilt about my body appearance ever. Much to the despair of my wife.
    Now I'm older I don't feel the least bit of guilt about being wealthy and owning a + £1M house.

I've counted my privileges, and concluded I'm amazing.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

That was a really good job of just crow-barring in your own personal rant at total cross-purposes to the thread.
    Good morning d000hg this is General - have you two met?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

Probably it is about getting rid of one's own guilty feelings generated by the media, so called Charities and the people around us.

- Rich people are made to feel guilty if they don't donate to (so called) charities.
    - Younger generation are made to feel guilty if their body don't appear certain way.

so on and so forth!
    That was a really good job of just crow-barring in your own personal rant at total cross-purposes to the thread.

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    What does a self-love coach do?

No idea, beats me.
    Probably it is about getting rid of one's own guilty feelings generated by the media, so called Charities and the people around us.

so on and so forth!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I assume it's something akin to a life coach? Reminds me of the girl in H2G2 (I think book 3?) who offers a service to rich people "I tell them it's OK to be rich".
    Fourth book, So Long and Thanks for all the Fish. From the fandom wiki.

Han Dold City is a city on an unspecified planet, known for being fairly dangerous. It is where warring police tribes lay ambushes for one another, where bass players get machine-gunned for playing the wrong riff too many times, and where call girls with degrees in sociology tell wealthy record company executives that it's actually okay for them to be rich.

I guess this woman does the same thing. Tells Americans it's ok to be American. (Which is a lie of course).

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    What does a self-love coach do?

No idea, beats me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X