• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So who's burnt their mask?"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It was a new receptionist at the dentist so I suspect that may be why the pre-appointment questionnaire didn't come out.

The dentist was wearing normal levels of PPE - just a simple face mask like they always did rather than the full gown and FFP3 masks and visors of the before time.

On the street, the level of mask wearing was low but it's been that way outdoors for a while. Some people were still wearing masks in shops as far as I could tell when walking past.

The doctor (as I had to drop something off on my way) still has a sign up saying "don't come in to make appointments, don't come in unless you have an appointment" and a barrier in front of reception to stop you getting too close to the tiny wee hole in the screen.
    Popped into the supermarket earlier, staff still wearing masks on the shop floor as were most of the customers. Sanitiser still available on entry and being used as well.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

You're in there!
    I'm a big nose. Thankfully not brown.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

you have seen NLUK nearly naked ?
    ...erm hasn't everyone at the last Christmas do? You know. after NAT hugged him, and in shock he drank two triple cointraues?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    A lady never tells.... so you'll get your answer soon
    I'm sure she will wake up screaming to the flashback!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    No you won't cos either you drugged her or she didn't...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    That most definitely is not NLUK

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It was a new receptionist at the dentist so I suspect that may be why the pre-appointment questionnaire didn't come out.

The dentist was wearing normal levels of PPE - just a simple face mask like they always did rather than the full gown and FFP3 masks and visors of the before time.

On the street, the level of mask wearing was low but it's been that way outdoors for a while. Some people were still wearing masks in shops as far as I could tell when walking past.

The doctor (as I had to drop something off on my way) still has a sign up saying "don't come in to make appointments, don't come in unless you have an appointment" and a barrier in front of reception to stop you getting too close to the tiny wee hole in the screen.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    That most definitely is not NLUK

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

My lycra is very well fitting, thank you. Very body hugging, leaving nothing to the imagination
    So were the girls in Tesco

and apparently NLUK likes speedos

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I think there's probably good evidence that most people stay well clear of middle-age men in ill-fitting lycra, for their own saftey.

Not Covid-related, but to avoid general nausea.
    My lycra is very well fitting, thank you. Very body hugging, leaving nothing to the imagination

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

WOW!!! They are? I wouldn't be pleased about that at all. I mean, £10?!?! Seems a bit excessive even if it is a valid charge. 15 mins a patient in a busy practice is upwards of £320 a day for EXTRA PPE. Seems a lot that.

I'd also question dropped the questionnaire. Could be argued this is a general health issue not just a covid rule. What are they achieving by dropping it? Encouraging people with symptoms to come and pissing off regulars that take this seriously. Stupid business move as well irresponsible. I think that's very poor form of them indeed.

I'd be ringing up and having words about dropping the questionnaire alone.
    They had vastly reduced the number of appointments on offer and spaced them out to allow for 'deep cleaning' in between appointments (makes you wonder what cleaning was previously done...) so it's maybe fewer appointments than you're imagining. I would hope they're doing fresh PPE for each patient.

This is private dental too, not NHS, so they can charge what they like.

Yes, the dropping of the questionnaire is an interesting one. Will definitely ask when I get there.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I also wonder if they're now dropping the £10 PPE charge they were adding to all appointments to cover the extra cost. I will see what it's like when I get there this afternoon.
    WOW!!! They are? I wouldn't be pleased about that at all. I mean, £10?!?! Seems a bit excessive even if it is a valid charge. 15 mins a patient in a busy practice is upwards of £320 a day for EXTRA PPE. Seems a lot that.

I'd also question dropped the questionnaire. Could be argued this is a general health issue not just a covid rule. What are they achieving by dropping it? Encouraging people with symptoms to come and pissing off regulars that take this seriously. Stupid business move as well irresponsible. I think that's very poor form of them indeed.

I'd be ringing up and having words about dropping the questionnaire alone.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 20 July 2021, 13:48.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's just dawned on me that my dentist hasn't emailed a questionnaire asking about symptoms and such like, they used to ask for the following to be answered as confirmation that you're not bringing anything nasty in:

1. Do you have fever or have you felt hot or feverish recently (in the last 14-21 days)?
    2. Are you having shortness of breath or other difficulties breathing?
    3. Do you have a cough?
    4. Do you have any other flu-like symptoms, such as gastrointestinal upset, headache or fatigue?
    5. Have you experienced recent loss of taste or smell?
    6. Are you in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients? Patients who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 or any of the above symptoms should consider postponing treatment.
    7. Do you have heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes or any auto-immune disorders?
    8. Have you traveled in the past 14 days?
    9. Has anything changed in your personal health status since you last completed our Medical History Form (including pregnancy)? If you are a new patient we will ask you to complete this by email.

I also wonder if they're now dropping the £10 PPE charge they were adding to all appointments to cover the extra cost. I will see what it's like when I get there this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Nope. I'm staying with mine. I've been mouthing at people to fork off under my mask for 18 months, don't think I could ever go back to being polite again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X