• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UNBOOMED - public sector client :-("

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Maybe then..... The government place I work is self-funding apparently. Maybe they are skint then. Lot of furloughed staff...
    Land Registry, or Companies House. Can't think of any other self-funding agencies

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    A large Public Sector entity near me has been cancelling a lot of projects over the last two months. I met up with a senior chap from a supplier at a BBQ last weekend who tells me that cutbacks are happening all over the government as the furlough scheme and other pandemic related high-cost items have left the finances out of control.

Probably going to be dry there for quite a while now.

They were inside gigs anyway.
    Maybe then..... The government place I work is self-funding apparently. Maybe they are skint then. Lot of furloughed staff...

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

They are getting rid of deadwood and those who go on foreign holidays during dead Covid pandemic...
    Wot everyone ?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    A large Public Sector entity near me has been cancelling a lot of projects over the last two months. I met up with a senior chap from a supplier at a BBQ last weekend who tells me that cutbacks are happening all over the government as the furlough scheme and other pandemic related high-cost items have left the finances out of control.

I suspect you know exactly where psycho is working then as he's been inside for years.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Not much information PC - why is this? and what is the context?

FYI : fill yer boots
    https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...arch_1998.html
    Covid passport scheme?

Had a phone interview with an Indian agency for this earlier this year, and as a tech test they wanted me to code a complete Django web app to output and input data while they watched me actually working on it on a shared screen. Decided it was a complete piss take, intended to weed out all except other Indians, and put the phone down.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Odd they were recruiting for more people a few weeks ago.
    They are getting rid of deadwood and those who go on foreign holidays during dead Covid pandemic...

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

Well, I'd probably better not name the client specifically but who knows?

COVID maybe? Not sure. But its not like a public sector entity has lost money during all of this...
    bankrupt council?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

FTFY
    You need to apply on his website

https://www.northernladukcommentgenerator.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Still waiting for NLUK to offer me £800 a day as his accountant.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

Maybe I'll give them a shout. Swansea is a bit of a trek mind - England is closer for me.
    This is the advantage of owning a caravan, but you'll need to put the wheels back on.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Still waiting for NLUK to offer me £800 a day as his PA.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Odd they were recruiting for more people a few weeks ago.
    Maybe I'll give them a shout. Swansea is a bit of a trek mind - England is closer for me.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

You've mentioned DVLA in the past so there is little point not revealing it now.
    Nah not me. Its not them.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

To be fair in this weather I am in short PJ bottoms (bought a job lot for days as well) but I shower first - they are so comfortable!

Unfortunately my chest isn't quite as good as Daniel Craig so I wear T shirts.
    Some days I dont shower till about 4pm. Minging I know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X