• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UNBOOMED - public sector client :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Not much information PC - why is this? and what is the context?

FYI : fill yer boots
    https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...arch_1998.html
    Covid passport scheme?

Had a phone interview with an Indian agency for this earlier this year, and as a tech test they wanted me to code a complete Django web app to output and input data while they watched me actually working on it on a shared screen. Decided it was a complete piss take, intended to weed out all except other Indians, and put the phone down.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A large Public Sector entity near me has been cancelling a lot of projects over the last two months. I met up with a senior chap from a supplier at a BBQ last weekend who tells me that cutbacks are happening all over the government as the furlough scheme and other pandemic related high-cost items have left the finances out of control.

Probably going to be dry there for quite a while now.

They were inside gigs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        A large Public Sector entity near me has been cancelling a lot of projects over the last two months. I met up with a senior chap from a supplier at a BBQ last weekend who tells me that cutbacks are happening all over the government as the furlough scheme and other pandemic related high-cost items have left the finances out of control.

I suspect you know exactly where psycho is working then as he's been inside for years.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

They are getting rid of deadwood and those who go on foreign holidays during dead Covid pandemic...
          Wot everyone ?
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

Maybe then..... The government place I work is self-funding apparently. Maybe they are skint then. Lot of furloughed staff...
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Maybe then..... The government place I work is self-funding apparently. Maybe they are skint then. Lot of furloughed staff...
              Land Registry, or Companies House. Can't think of any other self-funding agencies
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X