• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UNBOOMED - public sector client :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNBOOMED - public sector client :-(

ALL contractors not being renewed. A high percentage here as well - crazy....
    Got a few months notice at least - End september.

Saw news story the other day that contractor demand was highest since 2018 at least....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    ALL contractors not being renewed. A high percentage here as well - crazy....
    Got a few months notice at least - End september.

Saw news story the other day that contractor demand was highest since 2018 at least....
    Not much information PC - why is this? and what is the context?

FYI : fill yer boots
    https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...arch_1998.html

Comment

Sad to hear.

I'm fighting the Agencies off, obviously MaccyDs & KFC are desperate for one stars. Wages are £15-30k up, working in your underpants is standard. - I'm lovin it!

So something is happening, maybe it will improve in Wales.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Sad to hear.

I'm fighting the Agencies off, obviously MaccyDs & KFC are desperate for one stars. Wages are £15-30k up, working in your underpants is standard. - I'm lovin it!

So something is happening, maybe it will improve in Wales.
        On the plus side a lot more stuff is remote these days which opens things up a lot....

Comment

On the plus side a lot more stuff is remote these days which opens things up a lot....
          We have a Welsh contractor that works in his shorts / t shirt in his summer house which doubles as a Pub. So chilled I am surprised he stays awake.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Not much information PC - why is this? and what is the context?

FYI : fill yer boots
            https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...arch_1998.html
            Well, I'd probably better not name the client specifically but who knows?

COVID maybe? Not sure. But its not like a public sector entity has lost money during all of this...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

We have a Welsh contractor that works in his shorts / t shirt in his summer house which doubles as a Pub. So chilled I am surprised he stays awake.
              PJs for me.

Comment

PJs for me.
                To be fair in this weather I am in short PJ bottoms (bought a job lot for days as well) but I shower first - they are so comfortable!

Unfortunately my chest isn't quite as good as Daniel Craig so I wear T shirts.

Comment

PJs for me.
                  Just don't stand up in Zoom/Teams/whatever meetings where the camera is on.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well, I'd probably better not name the client specifically but who knows?

COVID maybe? Not sure. But its not like a public sector entity has lost money during all of this...
                    You've mentioned DVLA in the past so there is little point not revealing it now.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X