• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Alex Belfield

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Alex Belfield"

Collapse

• NigelJK
    replied
    Agree that JV is a complete tosser, who thinks being 'professionally ignorant' is the same as being independent, there are some who think their agenda is always mightier than thou.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Oh, I may have confused two Belfields.

Well whatever they say this Alex Belfield has done, he may as well be locked up too. No smoke without fire and all that

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I've been on another forum.

Apparently we must say nice things about him.....
    Did some Googling, and it appears this Alex Belfield is an opinionated former radio presenter with various bees in his bonnet, among which is a loathing of the BBC and all its works.

Although it isn't clear what the present hoo-hah involving Jeremy Vine is about, it seems Belfield accused him of some nefarious or underhand deed involving £1000. Vine then sued Belfield for defamation and claims damages of £80,000, and as a result Belfield is now accusing Vine's suit of being a monstrous assault on his right to freedom of expression! That is my (possibly wrong) impression from various scattered references.

Although someone who hates the BBC deserves sympathetic attention and considerable leeway IMHO, Belfield does seem rather obsessive and strident and may have bitten off more than he can chew!

There's also this, which doesn't put him in a very good light:

2021-04-20 Court hearing against Alex Belfield adjourned over interim 'stalking protection order'
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 18 June 2021, 13:12.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    We have a lot of squirrels in our garden but no neighbours, which is definitely better than the opposite.
    Be careful AtW will want to visit you....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Well whatever they say this Alex Belfield has done, he may as well be locked up too. No smoke without fire and all that
    I've been on another forum.

Apparently we must say nice things about him.....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    We have a lot of squirrels in our garden but no neighbours, which is definitely better than the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

Who, Levi Belfield?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Who?
    Your next door neighbour's pet squirrel....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Who?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

after that you will start posting wail links, its a slippery slope.
    I would post Wail links but most of their stories can be found elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I'm going to start posting conspiracy theories and random links to soap operas on youtube without explanation.
    after that you will start posting wail links, its a slippery slope.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I'm going to start posting conspiracy theories and random links to soap operas on youtube without explanation.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Fizzy Knickers, can you do a button to click that automatically makes a post - "Yawn" ?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

its all there in his previous videos
    So you need to have watched previous episodes to know what he's talking about. Like a soap opera.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

I don't watch YouTube videos - Too slow.

But the fat fecker should never be released. In fact, he should have been dangling on the end of a rope!
    Who, Levi Belfield?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X