• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Neg rep etiquette

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Neg rep etiquette"

Collapse

• GJABS
    replied
    You can't go through life pleasing everybody - where's the fun in that?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I think it's only you I've neg repped It's because you're special.

It was a full sentence rant I received; it seemed like maybe I'd reached a new zenith in my CUK career. I felt compelled to share my truth.

EDIT: on checking my rep list, I see that many kind souls have since sent me nice comments
    I think posting up the rep here is also a valid respone .... so we can all decide if it was valid or not

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Pat yourself on the back, if you are getting neg rep you are winding them up!
    This .....

I tend to get it off a couple of delicates souls on here ..... it makes I larf

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

It was a full sentence rant I received; it seemed like maybe I'd reached a new zenith in my CUK career. I felt compelled to share my truth.
    Wear it like a badge of pride. You just need a ban now and you'll be a fully fledged CUK member!
    EDIT: on checking my rep list, I see that many kind souls have since sent me nice comments
    The master plan worked like a dream!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

{checks my Rep list for the last two months} You seem pretty well versed in giving it though

Smartest rep fishing post we've had for a while. Kudos to you young lady.

Last edited by ladymuck; 8 June 2021, 07:42.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    What should one do when negative rep is received?

This is a new situation for me and I think I need my safe space.
    {checks my Rep list for the last two months} You seem pretty well versed in giving it though

Smartest rep fishing post we've had for a while. Kudos to you young lady.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 7 June 2021, 23:00.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    For a, ahem, consideration, a moderator could infract the person over something trivial (so, business as usual), and deduct from their rep as required. I've a price list somewhere...
    To be found in most phone boxes in London... or is that the other price list?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

They got real money - €500 notes
    so you can afford to buy NAT half a lager in Switzerland?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    ah that's why you keep infracting me! How do Paddy & Masterbaiter afford it?
    They got real money - €500 notes

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    For a, ahem, consideration, a moderator could infract the person over something trivial (so, business as usual), and deduct from their rep as required. I've a price list somewhere...
    ah that's why you keep infracting me! How do Paddy & Masterbaiter afford it?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Unfortunately this is true....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

This is a new situation for me and I think I need my safe space.

Ah bugger, wrong forum, this should be in general - will a mod please do the needful.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

You should continue with impunity to suggest that MF has the mass of a large star system.
    and the package of a starfish!

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    You should continue with impunity to suggest that MF has the mass of a large star system.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X