• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Old fart's trans glossary"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Hey one godson likes boys (he also takes drugs and gets done for DUI) , one goddaughter is on the way to be a godson, one godson has been to prison (with reason he is a muppet who trusts his dodgy mates). Note many of my god children aren't white British.

Guess which ones I am disappointed in and why? The parents are disappointed with all of them for some reason.
    All their parents for being bigots and/or useless?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    A new one for your list. Cisogynists - TRAs who threaten vile acts against cis women who say that being a woman has no biological component.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Well it would be nice to live in a society which didn't need safe spaces for women - this isn't a women's problem, it's a men's problem.
    I absolutely agree but that sentence shouldn't stand on it's own. It would be nice where we didn't need safe spaces for trans, women, men whatever. It isn't just women that need these spaces and it's not just men that are the problem.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Well it would be nice to live in a society which didn't need safe spaces for women - this isn't a women's problem, it's a men's problem.

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    Originally posted by agentzero View Post
    Having known two trans people that have killed themselves, their lot being the highest death by their own hand of any genre of sexuality or minority, I don't see the fuss that is made around their lives, it has to be said: mostly by older people. They deserve to be recognised for who they truly are.

They were clearly different and people thought they were traditionally what we would call "women" by physical appearance, but after surgery and appearance alterations to make them seem the way they wanted to appear as.

The rules are so strict around living life as a trans women before you are recognised as having changed to trans from your birth allocated gender title that there is a lot of scaremongering about random men becoming trans women in order to commit crimes. The same idea happened with gay people, who were forced into medical (corrective surgery), psychotherapy and lots of medication. They aren't often mentally ill and become trans, they are often mentally ill because of how difficult life is made for them. I know I'd probably not be able to cope with the pressures, constant name calling, bullying and difficulty getting a career.

We are rightly now ashamed of the way homosexuals were treated. I recommend those that are anti-trans or find it all the LGBT+ stuff mysterious: you are, in some ways, lucky. If you are born hetereosexual and are white life is honestly so easy. Things that seem major are usually minor. I mean, imagine realising your brain and personality aren't what your physical appearance is - that must be a true nightmare for anybody going through that.

Things are better for trans people now but they are a long way off being acceptable or classed as good.
    The issue is that trans community and those that support them currently are actively trying to erase traditional genders and/or encouraging self identification of gender.

Both of those are completely contradict efforts of feminists (and any rationale human being as far as I'm concerned) to safeguard women.

The current trans agenda allows biological males to use female only shelters, female only changing rooms, female only toilets, female only services of any kind set up to protect females from violence or harassment from biological males. Now of course there is issue of sports and lots of other things but those are so much less significant since we can't reach any level of acceptable equality in society until women are/feel safe and safe spaces exclusively for the use of women. There is already way too much violence against women and pushing the current trans agenda completely contradicts the direction we need to go to eliminating/reducing domestic violence towards women.

Trans people deserve to be protected too, but not at the expense of 50% of the population. They should fight for their own rights and spaces and not try to erase what women have fought so hard for.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    For those, like me, who have a hard time keeping up with it all.

AGP autogynephilia. Someone who is aroused at the idea of being the opposite sex
    Cis man biological man who identifies as a man (ie. gender matches sex)
    Cis woman biological woman who identifies as a woman
    Gender fluid someone who sometimes identifies as a man, and other times as a woman
    Gender queer similar to non-binary
    Non-binary covers a wide spectrum. Some may not identify as a man or a woman. Others may have a degree of gender fluidity.
    Pre-operative a trans person who hasn't had reassignment surgery
    Post-operative a trans person who has had surgery
    TERF Trans exclusionary radical feminist. Often used as a slur against biological women who don't recognise transwomen as "real" women
    TRA Trans rights activist
    Transbian transwoman who also identifies as a lesbian (generally retains male genitalia)
    Transman biological female who identifies as a man (can be pre-op or post-op)
    Transwoman biological male who identifies as a woman
    Troon derogatory term (trans goon), generally levelled at transwomen
    Well, learned something new there ... every day is a school day.

Who knew I was at least two of those

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Hey one godson likes boys (he also takes drugs and gets done for DUI) , one goddaughter is on the way to be a godson, one godson has been to prison (with reason he is a muppet who trusts his dodgy mates). Note many of my god children aren't white British.

Guess which ones I am disappointed in and why? The parents are disappointed with all of them for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• agentzero
    replied
    Having known two trans people that have killed themselves, their lot being the highest death by their own hand of any genre of sexuality or minority, I don't see the fuss that is made around their lives, it has to be said: mostly by older people. They deserve to be recognised for who they truly are.

They were clearly different and people thought they were traditionally what we would call "women" by physical appearance, but after surgery and appearance alterations to make them seem the way they wanted to appear as.

The rules are so strict around living life as a trans women before you are recognised as having changed to trans from your birth allocated gender title that there is a lot of scaremongering about random men becoming trans women in order to commit crimes. The same idea happened with gay people, who were forced into medical (corrective surgery), psychotherapy and lots of medication. They aren't often mentally ill and become trans, they are often mentally ill because of how difficult life is made for them. I know I'd probably not be able to cope with the pressures, constant name calling, bullying and difficulty getting a career.

We are rightly now ashamed of the way homosexuals were treated. I recommend those that are anti-trans or find it all the LGBT+ stuff mysterious: you are, in some ways, lucky. If you are born hetereosexual and are white life is honestly so easy. Things that seem major are usually minor. I mean, imagine realising your brain and personality aren't what your physical appearance is - that must be a true nightmare for anybody going through that.

Things are better for trans people now but they are a long way off being acceptable or classed as good.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    started a topic Old fart's trans glossary

Old fart's trans glossary

For those, like me, who have a hard time keeping up with it all.

AGP autogynephilia. Someone who is aroused at the idea of being the opposite sex
    Cis man biological man who identifies as a man (ie. gender matches sex)
    Cis woman biological woman who identifies as a woman
    Gender fluid someone who sometimes identifies as a man, and other times as a woman
    Gender queer similar to non-binary
    Non-binary covers a wide spectrum. Some may not identify as a man or a woman. Others may have a degree of gender fluidity.
    Pre-operative a trans person who hasn't had reassignment surgery
    Post-operative a trans person who has had surgery
    TERF Trans exclusionary radical feminist. Often used as a slur against biological women who don't recognise transwomen as "real" women
    TRA Trans rights activist
    Transbian transwoman who also identifies as a lesbian (generally retains male genitalia)
    Transman biological female who identifies as a man (can be pre-op or post-op)
    Transwoman biological male who identifies as a woman
    Troon derogatory term (trans goon), generally levelled at transwomen
    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 3 March 2021, 13:30. Reason: Added a few I missed

Working...
X