• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I won, get over it

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I won, get over it"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Agree, cautiously agree, disagree.

I know we're all about seeing the past through the eyes of the present right now, but there were far fewer voices calling for lockdown back then than there are voices now saying it's obvious we should;ve locked down earlier.
    You weren't listening to the voices.

Does Cheltenham Festival ring any bells?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    There were plenty of voices. They were shut down and ridiculed.
    As demonstrated by The Bozo visiting a CV19 hospital ward & shaking every hand the clown could find.

The only pity is that he survived his arrogant stupidity.

But then, the looks after his own.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I know we're all about seeing the past through the eyes of the present right now, but there were far fewer voices calling for lockdown back then than there are voices now saying it's obvious we should;ve locked down earlier.

There were plenty of voices. They were shut down and ridiculed.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Johnson has done a bad job in difficult times. He should have brought the UK into lockdown earlier. It was clear then.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The ones who die early due to government incompetence won't.
    The ones who die for any reasons won't.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Tosh. Corbyn was clearly voted out on a huge majority. That was clear when they interviewed converted northern labour seats & their get B done drivel.

Folks can blame the quality of the opposition, I blame the 300 year old first fast the post system. If the UK was still rural plots of farmland ruled by wealthy landlords, great use FPTP. Today however - it may as well be a soft dictatorship.

Be serious if they had put Sir Keir up in time (as I recommended years ago) Boris would have at least have a much reduced majority if not his p45.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

And, just in case you missed that ......
    Taz is hard of thinking.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by JozefBlofeld View Post
    I don't know why you're being so hard on the guy.

He was clearly voted in on a huge majority, and once he masters the fundamentals of the English language, and can string two sentences together in it, he'll be a great sub-prime minister.

Tosh. Corbyn was clearly voted out on a huge majority. That was clear when they interviewed converted northern labour seats & their get B done drivel.

Folks can blame the quality of the opposition, I blame the 300 year old first fast the post system. If the UK was still rural plots of farmland ruled by wealthy landlords, great use FPTP. Today however - it may as well be a soft dictatorship.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    FTAOD Boris is dong a good job in difficult times much better than any alternative could do.

And, just in case you missed that ......

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I presume that you claim in jest that "Boris is doing a good job", in the alternative you really need to go through the chronology of what Bojo has said, what he claims and what has he done.
    Nah, he's off his meds again.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    What are you on or are you always an obnoxious prat like most of the posters on this thread? FTAOD Boris is dong a good job in difficult times much better than any alternative could do. Any one would think you fancy the sour puss Laura Laura Kuenssberg's of this world with their vitriolic invective

<flameon subject="rant against people doing stuff rather than carping about it"/>
    Johnson has done a bad job in difficult times. He should have brought the UK into lockdown earlier. It was clear then. He should not have been boasting about shaking hands with people in a hospital:

Boris Johnson boasted of shaking hands on day Sage warned not to | Politics | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    What are you on or are you always an obnoxious prat like most of the posters on this thread? FTAOD Boris is dong a good job in difficult times much better than any alternative could do. Any one would think you fancy the sour puss Laura Laura Kuenssberg's of this world with their vitriolic invective

<flameon subject="rant against people doing stuff rather than carping about it"/>
    I presume that you claim in jest that "Boris is doing a good job", in the alternative you really need to go through the chronology of what Bojo has said, what he claims and what has he done.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

What part of his job is BoJo well? Managing Covid? managing Brexit?
    BTW Kuensberg is usually accused of supporting the tories

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    And how did we arrive at that situation with a Hobson's choice or dilemma at the last GE? It was the lack of foresight in voting for Brexit and the consequences thereafter.

It was blatantly obvious to me and millions of others that if the brexiters won the referendum, the agenda of the ERG would not stop there and making Bojo as the frontman made their dreams come true.

The current appalling state of affairs with the government, the economy and Covid-19 is a convenient smokescreen for Brexit and the dodgy dealings with Bojo's cronies. The UK has been given a transition period to prepare for the changeover from EU membership to non-membership. eg: to build port and customs facilities and to transition to the UK's own administrative authorities. So far nothing has been done.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    It was always blindingly obvious that Boris was a massive cretin and would screw up everything on contact. But when you only have the choice between two unmitigated cretins...
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It was either vote for him and get the worst Prime Minister ever. Or vote against him and get the worst Prime Minister ever.
    And how did we arrive at that situation with a Hobson's choice or dilemma at the last GE? It was the lack of foresight in voting for Brexit and the consequences thereafter.

It was blatantly obvious to me and millions of others that if the brexiters won the referendum, the agenda of the ERG would not stop there and making Bojo as the frontman made their dreams come true.

The current appalling state of affairs with the government, the economy and Covid-19 is a convenient smokescreen for Brexit and the dodgy dealings with Bojo's cronies. The UK has been given a transition period to prepare for the changeover from EU membership to non-membership. eg: to build port and customs facilities and to transition to the UK's own administrative authorities. So far nothing has been done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X